autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Essence Plus Review Over Opti-Coat Pro+

After seeing this product after SEMA, I knew I needed to get my hands on it...But could it actually do what the manufacturer claims? This sounded too good to be true. Almost 90% of my business involves LSP Paint Coating. Typically Optimum Gloss Coat, Opti-CoatPro, or Opti-Coat Pro Plus.

I spoke with Corey at CarPro at length about this product, and he went over with me in detail the pros and cons and its abilities and limitations. For those of us that install coatings, what are we supposed to do when the inevitable occurs? The customer calls back and says my hydrophobic properties are diminishing, or there are swirls in the paint. Before Essence Plus, we had only one option...strip the coating and reapply. This is costly, and frankly something that irritates the customer to no end. As we all get more familiar with paint coatings, no matter which ones you use, almost always fine swirls, marring and slower water beading start to take its natural course. This product, if it does what its supposed to, would change the way I do coating maintenance for my customers.

Perfect timing... A customer called me with a 1 year old Opti-Coat Pro Plus installed vehicle (Tahoe) that he admitted to abusing with improper wash technique and probably a swirl-o-matic or two. He was prepared to pay me to strip the coating and re-apply...But truth be told, this car came to me as a train wreck, and it took over 20+ hours to polish this car to perfection...So 1 year later, did I really want to heavy compound this truck again? Answer = NO!

Would Essence Plus play well with Opti-Coat, and the other 50 or so paint coatings that are out on the market?

So, I followed Corey's advise and did exactly what the manufacturer recommended. Equipment used:

Optimum Ferrex the entire vehicle
    Boss G21, Rupes Mini, Rupes iBrid Nano
    Carpro 5", 3" and 2" white gloss pads
    CarPro Essence Plus 8oz bottle
    Lots of prayer lol

Results:

Here is a shot before Essence Plus Polishing

Here is a shot of Essence Plus applied with G21

Here is the after Essence Applied at Speed 2 with 6 passes, wipe, and 6 additional passes and wipe. Is it 100% perfect? No, but it did remove 75% of the swirls and most importantly Amp'd up the gloss considerably.

Wiping this product is beyond simple. Quite possibly the easiest product i've ever removed in 20 years of detailing.

But are these just fillers that will wash away after the customer washes their vehicle for the first time? So I did an IPA wipedown on a section I just did, to see if the fillers would wash away. Here is a shot of Optimum Paint Prep applied to the freshly done section

Here is a shot of the IPA wiped away.

Here are some final shots. As you can see, this car was trashed, and in 3 hours time I was able to amp up the gloss, remove a majority of the swirls, and most importantly save myself 20+ hours and the customer $1500. Everybody wins. CarPro has really outdone themselves this time. While it's not a total miracle in a bottle it is by far the most revolutionary product to maintain paint coatings we've ever seen. Now we need to see how long this product lasts on top of the paint coating...Will it play nice With Opti-Coat Pro Plus for the long term, or will the professional coating shed Essence Plus quickly? Only time will tell.

Here is a link to a video as well showing before and after
    https://youtu.be/9Ssnv0z7NpA

Thanks for viewing. Comments always appreciated and i'd be more than happy to answer any additional questions folks may have.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Essence Plus Review Over Opti-Coat Pro+

Awsome
    I got to wait till summer don't have a garage
    But looks real good

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! Hopefully I'll see my pre ordered bottle this week...
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

Really nice job and great write up. Not sure what this says about opticoat....

Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, all coatings are the same, meaning none of them are bullet proof. This is the real world. They all swirl and scratch with abuse. EVERY single offline of them.

Post Thanks / Like

The coating did save the clearcoat. So down the line that is worth something.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see more reviews coming out. My one question is in regards to the hydrophobic properties of Essence + vs the hydrophobics of the coating that it's being applied over.

From what I understand is that Essence + is supposed to leave hydrophobic protection behind. What I am curious about are does the hydrophobics of Essence + differ from say Opti Coat, CSL, Finest or any of the other major brands out there.

From what I gather it can be topped with reload or hydro2 which is probably what I would do.

Thinking about grabbing some just to have in case.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job looks smooth silky and glossy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    To be honest, all coatings are the same, meaning none of them are bullet proof. This is the real world. They all swirl and scratch with abuse. EVERY single offline of them.
    Agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by motion732 View Post
    Really nice job and great write up. Not sure what this says about opticoat....
    I think it says more about owner neglect than OptiCoat! That finish looked like it was on a rental car instead of one that was corrected a year ago

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast