autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

rupes21 stall too much

I was planning to have a rupes 21 for my Christmas gift but after I saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwHh0tT0BLM, I am very disappointed because about 1/2 time, the pad seems like stall or rotates very slowly. My duetto works way better than that. It will stall on certain panel too. but at least I can finish 90% of my car ,then leave the rest for GG6 with 4 inches bp.

Detailing is my hobby , I am not like any pro to have many tools so that they can use certain tool for certain panel. For me duetto plus GG6 is sufficient for my needs now.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: rupes21 stall too much

Washer mod.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lekejian View Post
    I was planning to have a rupes 21 for my Christmas gift but after I saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwHh0tT0BLM, I am very disappointed because about 1/2 time, the pad seems like stall or rotates very slowly. My duetto works way better than that. It will stall on certain panel too. but at least I can finish 90% of my car ,then leave the rest for GG6 with 4 inches bp.

Detailing is my hobby , I am not like any pro to have many tools so that they can use certain tool for certain panel. For me duetto plus GG6 is sufficient for my needs now.
    flex 3401 (forced rotation) + GG6 =

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    flex 3401 (forced rotation) + GG6 =
    This.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, I find myself reaching for the Flex more often than not. Perhaps more people that have the HD pads will chime in, only if they used to have stalling issues before. I can't bring myself to muster up $13 a pad for them after having already bought the full array of Rupes pads. Maybe in the spring I will. Right now, I'll keep my hybrid pads and Flex spinning.

Post Thanks / Like

rupes21 stall too much

I'm going to say that video is not the best representation of the machine - nor is it the way I would go about it. I would have removed the pinstripe in one step - then polished the fender in another. The situations where Rupes' stalling becoming an issue is rare.

I don't think they are the best pads for the machine either. Basically, your better off if you just stick with Rupes stuff if your going that route.

But if you already have a Duetto - you may be better served by getting a Mini instead of a 21.

7. Dislikes Johnydamouni disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by parttimer View Post
    I agree, I find myself reaching for the Flex more often than not. Perhaps more people that have the HD pads will chime in, only if they used to have stalling issues before. I can't bring myself to muster up $13 a pad for them after having already bought the full array of Rupes pads. Maybe in the spring I will. Right now, I'll keep my hybrid pads and Flex spinning.
    I have used the HD pads on my Rupes 15, though they are very good pads, I personally didn't notice much of a difference as far as handling curved panels.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lekejian View Post

I didn't bother watching the video, but I will say I have been using the Rupes 21 for over 2 years now and I simply don't have stalling issues some seem to have. There may be a slight learning curve for some on how to adjust the machine in certain areas, but LOTS of pros use these machines day after day without issue because they put the time into learning how to use it. Virtually all cars will require a different tool and/or 2"-4" pads to get into tight areas. Even when I had my Flex I was using 3" pads on a different tool for hard to reach areas. Yes, the large throw of the Rupes 21 will limit it in certain areas, but the faster correction, better finish, and butter smooth operation is worth it.

There is no ONE tool when it comes to detailing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    Washer mod.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online
    I have done the washer mod to my 21 and although it helps, it still stops rotating if the panel isn't flat enough. Don't get me wrong, I still really like the machine and it is the most pleasant buffer to use in my experience. I also had a flex 3401 and I never found a panel I couldn't get it to power through. However, if you're going to be polishing for hours, the flex is noisier and more physically fatiguing compared to the rupes. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the 15 and did the washer mod...still kept stalling on me. I eventually sold it and got the Flex. I'm glad that I did...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast