autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Einszett De-Icer Spray

This is the second time I have had this in a order and the second time it is back ordered.
    I have never used it but order it for my Daughter in North Dakota. Is this stuff that good and popular that it flies off the shelf ?.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Einszett De-Icer Spray

I buy it every year. It's always back ordered. AG always sends it in a fairly short time. It's pretty good, but not a miracle product. I tend to trust it more than the stuff made by Prestone. I seem to recall it having a "safer" type of alcohol in it than that stuff - but I can't remember the specifics.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the response and letting me know it is usually back ordered for you to. Not sure why it goes back order as it does not seem as there are no more than two of us ordering it

Dave

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    I buy it every year. It's always back ordered. AG always sends it in a fairly short time. It's pretty good, but not a miracle product. I tend to trust it more than the stuff made by Prestone. I seem to recall it having a "safer" type of alcohol in it than that stuff - but I can't remember the specifics.
    This is correct. Prestone and other de-icer products contain Methanol which is toxic if/when ingested. Einszett de-icer does not contain methanol. Einszett de-icer contains the following: >30% alcohol, 15-30% glycol, <5% anionic surfactants. The particular alcohol used is ethylene glycol which is commonly used in antifreeze. As a safety precaution, this alcohol is also toxic if ingested.

Like swanicyouth has said, it works but it's not a miracle product. It tends to leave a slippery film behind. Once my bottle is empty, I will be filling it with distilled water and isopropyl alcohol - I believe this will help melt the ice without leaving a slippery film behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, the whole Christmas order is still sitting in Florida waiting for this. Guess this will be the last time I order this De-icer. Another 8 days will be a Month.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

shop around. i run their anti-freeze windshield spray for the same reason people prefer the de-icer. funny thing is i don't even use my wipers but i have it in there just in case and because a lot of windshield washer fluids actually freeze up here, lol.

i have to shop around for it and/or wait to find deals though because the windshield fluid is SUPER expensive, esp. if you run it in a dilution strong enough to not freeze.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used it. It works well and Ive always been under the assumption that is more surface friendly to your vehicle and winter protection on that vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    shop around. i run their anti-freeze windshield spray for the same reason people prefer the de-icer. funny thing is i don't even use my wipers but i have it in there just in case and because a lot of windshield washer fluids actually freeze up here, lol.

i have to shop around for it and/or wait to find deals though because the windshield fluid is SUPER expensive, esp. if you run it in a dilution strong enough to not freeze.

I agree, its REALLY expensive at that dilution to not freeze. But to be honest I have watered it down quite a bit further than the recommendation on the bottle and still found that it did not freeze. It does work incredibly well at cleaning up the windshield on those nasty weeks after it snow and salt was layed down heavily.

Post Thanks / Like

I buy my windshield juice by the case at Costco, four US gallon jugs for around $8. It is rated to -45°C (-49°F) and the label says, "Enhanced formula with IPA." I add an ounce of ONR to each jug to polycharge it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Einszett De-Icer Spray-image-jpg  
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SameGuy View Post
    I add an ounce of ONR to each jug to polycharge it.
    I can see where having poly Chargers would be beneficial.

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast