autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member Bryan@FiveStarShine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[REVIEW] - Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba - Bryan Clark at Five Star Shine

During the May Detailing Boot Camp Class Nick and I spent some time discussing rinseless washes. I live in a condo here in beautiful, southwest Florida and there is no access to running water etc. so rinseless/waterless washes are my only choice. As such, I'm one of the rinseless wash addicts out there.

Nick is also really into rinseless washing and was telling me about Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash. He mentioned the scent being great. He also said it's nice having the wax in there so that each time you wash the vehicle you top it off with a little extra protection.

I placed an order after the Detailing Boot Camp and I was lucky enough to be greeted with some of the Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash courtesy of Nick. Thanks, Nick! On Memorial Day my girlfriend was nagging me to do some stuff around the house, so instead I decided to go wash her Malibu.

Items used:
    • 5 gallon bucket with 2 gallons of water
    • Grit Guard
    • Optimum Big Red Sponge
    • 2 Meguiar's Water Magnet waffle weave drying towels
    • and of course, Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba 1 oz.

Before:

During:

After:

Oooohhhh glossy!

As you can see the Pinnacle rinseless wash cleaned the vehicle very well. I did notice, however that there were a few little pieces of sap and bug guts that did remain, but that's to be expected. When they say "Liquid Gloss" they mean it. The smell, as some other reviewers have mentioned, is a tropical fruit scent along the lines of mango. My girlfriend thought it smelled amazing. I'm not a big fan of tropical fruit scents, but after using it the scent did grow on me and I can give it two thumbs up. The paint felt slick after drying the vehicle and again, the gloss was outstanding.

I really enjoyed how fast I was able to dry the vehicle. I'm assuming it's due to the wax being in the rinseless wash because it dried significantly faster and easier than ONR. And for anyone who uses ONR, you're probably like "What do you mean it dries faster and easier?" but it does. For this wash, being my first with this product, I washed/dried one panel at a time. This was at about 1pm in southwest Florida under mostly sunny conditions, temps were in the low 90's. I had no problems with water spots occuring while drying. I also washed my Camaro a few days later under similar conditions and I was able to wash several panels at a time before drying without issue. I really loved that feature.

So, to wrap up here are the highlights:
    • Smells great
    • Has wax built into the product
    • Dries extremely easy
    • Did not have water spotting issues under Florida heat and midday sun
    • Leaves an amazing gloss behind

Southwest Florida's Premier Auto Detailer
    www.fivestarshinefl.com
    www.facebook.com/fivestarshine

Post Thanks / Like

Re: [REVIEW] - Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba - Bryan Clark at Five Star Shine

Thanks for the review, sounds good, looks good.

Oh, and I love this statement, "On Memorial Day my girlfriend was nagging me to do some stuff around the house, so instead I decided to go wash her Malibu."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: [REVIEW] - Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba - Bryan Clark at Five Star Shine

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Thanks for the review, sounds good, looks good.
    It also smells good and feels good, didn't confirm that it tastes good though....

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Oh, and I love this statement, "On Memorial Day my girlfriend was nagging me to do some stuff around the house, so instead I decided to go wash her Malibu."
    Yea, she was saying something about me wasting the entire previous day watching the Monaco Grand Prix, Indy 500 and Coca-Cola 600. But, according to her, I probably wasn't listening....
    www.fivestarshinefl.com

Post Thanks / Like

Great review.

I used up an entire gallon of this rinseless wash and it is amazing.

I have since switched to Meg's D114 since I am on a sealant craze right now. When I was 'into' carnuba paste waxes, this rinseless wash complimented my existing lsp.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like good stuff. Will have to give it a shot on my next order.

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile

Post Thanks / Like

Just 2 questions for Bryan@FiveStarShine:

1. your impressions on the Optimum BRS

2. what do you actually mean that you have no access to running water?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by willtothewong View Post
    Great review.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post
    Looks like good stuff. Will have to give it a shot on my next order.

-note 4 powered by T-Mobile
    You won't be disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by jmsc View Post
    Just 2 questions for Bryan@FiveStarShine:

1. your impressions on the Optimum BRS

2. what do you actually mean that you have no access to running water?
    1. I love it. I had previously used another popular method that involved a bunch of microfibers and I really hated doing that so I switched to using a normal wash mitt. I really didn't like the idea of the wash mitt though because I had to use 2 buckets with ONR in both of them so when I rinsed the mitt the ONR wasn't diluted. I started looking into the grout sponge and saw a bunch of people saying Lowe's changed the sponge and it wasn't working as well. That's when I saw this video of the BRS in action. I immediately ordered 2. Is it a little pricey for a sponge? Yes, but they supposedly last forever and it's the best wash media I have personally used for rinseless washes. It basically cut my time in half as well. I can wash/dry our vehicles in about 15-20 mins now as opposed to 30+ minutes.

2. My condo has a standard parking lot and so there are no hoses anywhere around. Technically we aren't allowed to wash the vehicles or anything along those lines, but somehow I have escaped the Condo Association Gestapo so far. One of my neighbors actually received a threat of a fine for polishing the headlights on his HHR in the parking lot... but I'm getting off topic here.
    www.fivestarshinefl.com

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome review!! I use Pinnacle RW w Carnauba all the time. Additionally, I use a higher concentrate of Pinnacle RW and use it as my lube when I am claying (in my case Blue Nanoskin).

Pinnacle products are top notch!! Awesome review!!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Its a great product. I'm from the school that adding protection with any wash, conventional or rinseless, makes sense. Every time you wipe the paint, you're removing something. Its pure physics.
    In my day we didn't have the Internet, iPods,iPads, or smart phones....but we had some really bad-azz cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Awesome review!! I use Pinnacle RW w Carnauba all the time. Additionally, I use a higher concentrate of Pinnacle RW and use it as my lube when I am claying (in my case Blue Nanoskin).

Pinnacle products are top notch!! Awesome review!!
    Ahhhh, thank you for reminding me! I should have mentioned it because Nick also brought that up. You can also mix it up as a quick detailer, which I did as well. I'm going to see if I can wash the entire vehicle and just hit it quickly with the QD I made to dry the entire thing at the same time and see if that's any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    Its a great product. I'm from the school that adding protection with any wash, conventional or rinseless, makes sense. Every time you wipe the paint, you're removing something. Its pure physics.
    Makes total sense to me!
    www.fivestarshinefl.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast