autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product Review: BlackFire Crystal Coat Paint Coating

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing View Post
    Great job along with your review and application!! Is that Bitburg in the background?
    Thank you sir.

No sir. This is on the Air Base. Bitburg is 15 minutes from me.

Quote Originally Posted by d33p View Post
    Im wondering how well the dirt washes off the coating.
    I will follow up with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Another awesome review Mike ^^

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review. I have cquartz on mine right now. Mine was a test car so I have tons of high spots lol. I did another family members car and wiped off between 30seconds-1min, still high spots .

I think I'm going to give this one a try if it's more forgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Another awesome review Mike ^^
    Thank you sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Pie View Post
    Nice review. I have cquartz on mine right now. Mine was a test car so I have tons of high spots lol. I did another family members car and wiped off between 30seconds-1min, still high spots .

I think I'm going to give this one a try if it's more forgiving.
    I have not used CQ so I can not comment.

I have however used OC2.0 and this product is much more user friendly and forgiving.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

I'm considering switching from sealants to coatings. That said, the number of coatings that have popped up in the last few years is amazing to me. And it's confusing...

There seems to be a heavy promotional push for Pinnacle Black Label - wet, slick, long lasting, easy to apply, etc. Disregarding any cost differences, how does PBL compare to BlackFire Crystal Coat?

Thanks,

Dan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@DedicatedPerfection View Post
    I have however used OC2.0 and this product is much more user friendly and forgiving.

Mike, I think there may have been lesser smearing if the towel used would've been a more shorter nap (e.g. Gyeon baldwipe, or a Carpro large suede, MicrofiberMadness yellow fellow etc).. I haven't tried these but they are typically in use by some of the coating reviews I've seen and are designed for better removal..

Do you (or anyone else) know how soon should we be able to layer it (hopefully an hour or two)?

Please do make a quick video of the water behavior (bead and sheet mode) since we get to see that a lot with other coatings and would be great to see this in action.. I doubt anyone has yet posted a water behavior video for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BookemDano View Post
    Mike,

I'm considering switching from sealants to coatings. That said, the number of coatings that have popped up in the last few years is amazing to me. And it's confusing...

There seems to be a heavy promotional push for Pinnacle Black Label - wet, slick, long lasting, easy to apply, etc. Disregarding any cost differences, how does PBL compare to BlackFire Crystal Coat?

Thanks,

Dan.
    Dan,

With all the new coatings coming to market in rapid succession it can make your head spin. Doing research is key to finding what fits you. Ease of use will most likely be #1 priority.

Comparing the two products is almost an apples to oranges comparison. Sure they are both coatings but their chemical composition is a bit different. Honestly I don't know the intricate details on what separates the two of them. I'm sure there are a few members here that could explain the differences. Perhaps someone could provide some feedback.

However I feel that the two are on par with each other in terms of ease of use although they behave differently. For outright ease of use I would give the advantage to the PBL coating as it has a pump sprayer that atomizes the product on application making it very easy to spread. For looks, feel, durability, etc I would say the BlackFire product. I did notice that the BlackFire product darkened the surface and gave a glass like shine.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by sealthedeal View Post
    Mike, I think there may have been lesser smearing if the towel used would've been a more shorter nap (e.g. Gyeon baldwipe, or a Carpro large suede, MicrofiberMadness yellow fellow etc).. I haven't tried these but they are typically in use by some of the coating reviews I've seen and are designed for better removal..

Do you (or anyone else) know how soon should we be able to layer it (hopefully an hour or two)?

Please do make a quick video of the water behavior (bead and sheet mode) since we get to see that a lot with other coatings and would be great to see this in action.. I doubt anyone has yet posted a water behavior video for it.
    That is a great point on minimizing the potential of smearing on removal. I will have to seek out some of these towels. Thank you.

I wanted to get a wash and beading video in last weekend but could not get to it. I will surely try to make that happen this weekend and report back.

Post Thanks / Like

Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. I just pulled the trigger on some PBL. We'll see how it works out.

Thanks,

Dan.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to follow up.

Dan,

Here is a review I completed on the PBL Paint Coating/Synergy paste wax.
    Product review: Pinnacle Paint Coating/Synergy

Here is a review of the maintenance products that support it.
    Product Review: PBL Maintenance 3-Way

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

could the blackfire coating go over cquartz, or would the cquartz need to be polished off?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast