autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Richy's Review: Mytee Lite II 8070 Extractor

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Sounds like something Autogeek should be selling, especially for the people that bought an extractor before they were including these.

ME NEED SOME!!

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

The one big, big, big con with the 8070 is the drain opening for the dirty tank. It is right above the electronic switches, registration tags and electrical cord entrance. They are also selling (but is hard to find) drain hose to solve this problem. Otherwise the unit is amazing. I just recently got it. I was on the fence between the lite and the spider but could not understand spending extra $300+ for just two more gallons on the tanks. Otherwise the specs (and parts, you can check the parts list on Mytee) are basically the same. If I were a betting man and definitely needed the larger tank I would guess they were going to upgrade the Spyder soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    ME NEED SOME!!
    Unless I'm misunderstanding the Mytee site, it looks like it's a 5-pack for $9.99, that sounds like a great deal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClayR View Post
    Mytee sells neoprene Velcro pads at $9/pad that you can cover the hot brass connections. You get three free with the machine cord but adding one at the applicator is a burn saver.
    Yes, mine came with 3 of them. The foam insulation tube that I used is thicker and I believe will do a better job of protecting from the heat than the neoprene will. Of course my first reaction was to just slide it down and use it there but again, I don't think its insulative abilities are as good. The foam worked very well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayR View Post
    The one big, big, big con with the 8070 is the drain opening for the dirty tank. It is right above the electronic switches, registration tags and electrical cord entrance. They are also selling (but is hard to find) drain hose to solve this problem. Otherwise the unit is amazing. I just recently got it. I was on the fence between the lite and the spider but could not understand spending extra $300+ for just two more gallons on the tanks. Otherwise the specs (and parts, you can check the parts list on Mytee) are basically the same. If I were a betting man and definitely needed the larger tank I would guess they were going to upgrade the Spyder soon.
    The thing that pissed me off Clay is that DK wanted an extra $25 for the tube (they've got them in stock). I think that's just gouging people. If you realize that the unit should have it, toss the bloody thing in!!
    What I have found however, is that I just tip it over a bit with the handle and the dirty water comes nowhere near the switches and whatnot. Yes, it's a bit of a nuicance to have to tip it but not so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Watch out with tipping the machine if your dirty tank is 3/4ths full or more as the dirty water will over take the vacuum intake tube in the tank. You can observe if water has entered as it will shoot out from around the top of the clean water tank. Yes, I made that mistake thinking since it was not full it would not overflow. You can unscrew the top on the dirty tank to observe while draining.

Post Thanks / Like

Richy--any updates on this?

I'm still thinking about one of these or perhaps a Sensei extractor...but also thinking about the Desiderio. Any reflections on switching from your Gaia to this traditional extractor?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Richy--any updates on this?

I'm still thinking about one of these or perhaps a Sensei extractor...but also thinking about the Desiderio. Any reflections on switching from your Gaia to this traditional extractor?
    Nothing has changed. I still have a very high opinion of this unit. My Gaia's pressure cap needed replacing and I did so when I was in Florida on vacation. The Mytee outperforms the Gaia on extractor function alone. Hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12