autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys "New Car Smell" Air Freshner

Quote Originally Posted by otruba_843 View Post
    Has anyone tried their leather or mangecello scents? Those are the two I really want to try.
    The leather is nice but smells very similar to the new car scent. Just got the pine fresh scent,not sure if I like it yet. The stripper scent is interesting, vanilla with some floral scent and maybe a touch of baby powder. My wife thought it was a nice girly smell and liked it until she found out the name. I intend to get the citrus scent next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkHemiLTD View Post
    I can attest that it definitly smells like vanilla... and a hint of ...musk i guess is the best description. It smells good to me but my wife hates it! Fortunately or rather unfortunately ive found it doesnt last more than a day when i use it anyway.
    I found the same results until I started spraying the cabin filter... couple squirts let it air dry for a few min and stick it back in lasts a little longer... I swear when it first came out it was lasting a few weeks on its own I wonder if they changed the formula or something... or maybe I just stink more now or something...

Sent from my SGH-T889 using AG Online
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" Thomas Jefferson,

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the Stripper scent and didn't care for it, just smelled cheap.

I purchased CG's New car and Vanilla. I have been using both and have to say it smells great. Just a couple sprays of each.

Just my 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

I have a new Accord so I know what a new car smells like. I ordered and received CG New Car Scent for my older CL. It did not smell like a new car scent at all. I ended up ordering Wonder Wafers New Car Scent and am very happy with that product. I wish AG carried Wonder Wafers. When I finish detailing a car, I want it to look like a new car and smell like a new car. Wonder Wafers do not smell like a new car but it is closer to a new car scent than CG. This is just my opinion, others may feel different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GenesisCoupe View Post
    A while back i was looking to get the "Stripper Scent" but backed off due to the worry of my car smelling like urine, sweat, and shame..lol I heard that it is a Vanilla-like smell? Any truth to that?
    HAAAA that is funny !

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a tip I actually took from a Bed, Bath and Beyond of all places.....

Reed Diffuser
    How to Use Reed Diffusers & Available Fragrances ? Pier 1 Imports

personally I love all the CG scents the offer, especially the green apple one.

What I do is I keep the air fresheners in their concentrated form(all cg scents need dilutions at least when I buy them in their retail store they do), but I keep them in their concentrated form, and I dip the reed diffusers into it, and then place them under the seats front and passenger.

I recently did this on a quick wash, clay wax job, I through in the interior cleaning for free(because wanted to try some stuff out) and actually left 3 reed diffusers with CG Jasmine scent on them in the persons car. I get an email them days laters saying the love the smell, and what I did to make it last....

so try reed diffusers!
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like
    How long do you leave the diffusers in the cg bottle before you place them in the car?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dsg03gt View Post
    How long do you leave the diffusers in the cg bottle before you place them in the car?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    I've done it where I'll leave them in their for a day or two, or for as little as a minute, really all depends on what works best for you and the person who's car it is.

I recently did my friends car, and he is a smoker, so for him I'll keep the reeds in a bottle overnight just to ensure they soak good and retain some of the scent and moisture...

But honestly, reeds are cheap in bulk and have fun with trial and error, I had about 7 different CG scents throughout my home just playing around with the smells and strength, funny that my fiance loved stripper scent! yet the name of it would totally offend her lol
    Back to the full-time grind.

Post Thanks / Like

I own New Car Scent, Mangocello, Stripper Scent, and Honeydew.
    New car is my favorite so far. It does make me think of a new car. I am terrible at describing scents but the mangocello and honeydew just make me think "sweet" when I smell them. Stripper scent is kinda sweet but it just makes me think of a sweet smelling cologne or perfume. Its not as sweet as the honeydew and mangocello though.

I detailed my dad's truck and used New Car Scent in it. He got many compliments on the "New Car" smell whenever anyone got in it to check it out or ride. The scent also lasted around two to three weeks. I sprayed some Honeydew in the same truck and it lasted just two days. The truck is an '08.

I don't get the longevity of the scents. They vary greatly without much consistency. I like the idea of the reeds under the seats to make it last longer. I will have to try that. I have used some Zep Air and Odor Eliminator that I got from Home Depot and I liked the scent but it only lasted 3 days. This makes me think its not just the CG scents.

Just keep in mind that scent is different to everyone. What smells great to one person could be nauseating to someone else. I plan to buy the Pina Colada to give it a try and I don't think I will buy anything else different. I sure did like the scent of CG Innerclean, its pineapple and to me it smelled wonderful.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Got this stuff today, smells terrible.

Like a plastic chemical. I guess new cars are mostly plastic inside. Hahaha.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast