autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I think most of you are missing out on Optimum Power Cleans true potential...

i believe i have tried every apc ever made. after all these years most do a good job but i have settled upon optimum. apc diluted is still a bargain and my wife thinks i am gold when i give her some for the house and it kicks butt. cant beat that

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I think most of you are missing out on Optimum Power Cleans true potential...

I was just thinking about this the other day. I used it straight on one tire and then 3:1 on another tire, and couldn't believe how much more effective it is when undiluted. Using 3:1 it took 2 applications to look close to as clean as the results i got from 1 application of straight OPC

Post Thanks / Like

So it's probably a good idea to keep a bottle of 3:1 for everyday cleaning, but a small bottle of undilluted for stubborn dirt. Just like with polishing, used the least aggressive method first, which in this case is also the least expensive. When that doesn't do it, pull out the undilluted.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

i will do a test on my leather interior with pics. 50/50 shots OPC 3:1 vs. OPC straight. I should be able to get this done this weekend. I just got the OPC and have not used it yet so it will be a fun exercise for me.
    What do you mean? All of these car care products are old honey, I have had them for a long time. Don't you remember me having them?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    OPC is the only cleaner that I have found so far that easily removes boot scuffs from interior plastic pieces around the sill plate in the door openings. OPC seems to leave some sort of white scummy looking residue that needs to be wiped off afterward.

Mark, does this white residue occur when you are using OPC and do you know what it is? I see it mainly when I use OPC in door jams or under the hood. It's no big deal as I typically go over these areas with either ONR or Poorboy's S&G as a last step to shine things up anyway, just wondering if you get that residue too.
    I notice the same white residue leftover too. Dave, I use it diluted 3:1, what about you? I especially notice it on paint (when I'm trying to strip polishing oils) and I normally have to use an ONR mix to remove it. I only use distilled water with ONR, so I don't think the water I use is a factor. I also wonder if using it with a higher dilution ratio would reduce or eliminate the residue.
    Enrique - Amateur Detailer Extraordinaire
    "Man is an emotional animal, occasionally rational; and through his feelings he can be deceived to his heart's content." - Durant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Interesting take. I've found APC+ to be weak.
    On tire brown, APC+ seems very weak compared to OPC. I would not be surprised that APC+ probably does clean better with specific types of soiling but not on what I have used both. It may be different surfaces and types of soiling that explains the difference. I do use APC+ on carpets (never tried OPC since APC+ works well enough and cheaper).
    Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

after reading all the threads about opc /apc+. I went with a gallon of opc and see no reason to look back. opc at 3 to 1 has tackled anything i have put it to. but if i do need it full strenght I would not think twice about using it. jonathan

Post Thanks / Like

I got some OPC but have yet to try it. I am going to use it on my next car wash. Nice to know it has great reviews.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwengier77 View Post
    i will do a test on my leather interior with pics. 50/50 shots OPC 3:1 vs. OPC straight. I should be able to get this done this weekend .
    I'm pretty confident there will be a noticeable difference. Not to take anything away from OPC @ 3:1, but for soiled stuff, use it straight!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't found a reason (yet) to dillute APC+ at anything less than 4:1. Actually, 10:1 is plenty strong for most needs and 4:1 is a powerhouse. At 3:1 or undilluted, I'd be going through a gallon a week and I'm just a hobbyist!

But I will say, I'd like to have some OPC on hand JUST for the fact that it's safe on everything. APC+ is safe as long as you're smart about using it, but OPC seems even more user friendly.
    Mark

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast