autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Multi Review: M04, ARO, PB Wheel glaze, PB air fresh, Ultima Tire and trim

I just got my order from AG today and ran outside to test on my jeep wrangler. I keep this thing dirty and beat up as an ultimate test vehicle for products.

First item up is Amazing Roll Off. This gets the HS award. I've tried dozens of products over the years and there are only about 3 that have ever received the HS award.

(HS stands for Holy S---! Not the most PC label but its the first thing that comes out of my mouth out-loud when Im alone, when I come across an absolutely amazing product. Just being real.)

I did spray a liberal amount of ARO on the front tire. Ive never seen so much brown come running off a tire before. And ive used some pretty harsh chemicals. After a mild scrubbing and rinse it was amazingly clean and black. The letters popped and I just really couldnt believe it. I scrubbed my rim too and it was just effortless. I am at a loss for words. I cant wait to use this on the engine and wheel wells. Will never buy another tire cleaner again. Ever.

Next product tried was Ultima Tire and Trim. ALMOST got the HS award as well but wasnt terribly thrilled with the way my 31" tire looked. I think I like the Opti-bond better. Although Im sure the UT&T will last longer. I applied the UT&T on my side mirror. All black rough plastic. Brought the color back. looks NEW and dry to the touch. In order to not use a lot of this expensive dressing I had to work it in. And on other items of badly faded trim it took a few coats. But it takes a few coats no matter what I use. Some parts are starved for moisture. If this works the way it says, beads with water and lasts even ONE month instead of days I will give it a 10/10 for a trim dressing and a 7-8/10 for a tire dressing.

I bought some Pina Colada PB air freshener. Excellent. Smells great. enough on that.
    I cant review the wheel glaze just yet.....Ill come back to that in a month.

Finally I bought a 2" backing plate for my makita, and yellow foam pads and a bottle of M04 for the sole purpose of removing hard water spots that NOTHING else would remove. I did a test section on a glass shower door that is completely clear except for bad water spots due to not having a softener. Ive tried vinegar, clay, CLR, you name it..They are still there. 2 passes with the makita and the polish/yellow pad....GONE. Can not WAIT to put this on a vehicle for this purpose. Im supposed to go do this tomorrow so Ill get back on this one too.

Man I wish I got this excited about everything else!
    Last edited by Kris R; 03-03-2010 at 07:18 PM. Reason: wasnt finished
    Kris R
    360detail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Multi Review: M04, ARO, PB Wheel glaze, PB air fresh, Ultima Tire and trim

Glad you like your new loot!
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

question on the ARO...so it would remove old dressings on tires? Also it says "leaves a gleaming and rust inhibiting wax-like finish" would the prohibit a new dressing from lasting on the tire?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trek View Post
    question on the ARO...so it would remove old dressings on tires? Also it says "leaves a gleaming and rust inhibiting wax-like finish" would the prohibit a new dressing from lasting on the tire?
    Yes, ARO will remove old dressing. No, it doesn't prohibit re-dressing the tires, or sealing the wheels for that matter.

It is indeed some good stuff.