autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Member Blake's Mobile Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DP max wax, Fuzion and PB Natty Blue

So today my buddy wanted his truck polished. Thinking about hoe much I didn't want to do his truck for a discount, I bargained with him. I got him to learn how to use Porter Cable an I just basically sat there while he washed, clayed, dried and then began using PB swirl remover 2.5. After he finally got to the polishing step I was getting very bored so I decided to try my new waxes and see how well they work.

First I tried the fuzion. I had gotten this a couple weeks ago when they had the 2 sample tin deal. It smells extremely good. IDK if anyone else uses this but it smells like N.O. XPLODE from bsn. I noticed that it was extremely easy to put on. I also covered some of the scratches my PC could not take care of. It was also very easy to take off. I think I could give this wax to my little cousin and they could wax the truck no problem.

I then moved to the DP Max Wax. I had gotten this when they were giving it away with all orders over a certain amount. It smells pretty good. I could bare it a little more If I had to do a whole job with it. I have herd this was really good for paint with a lot of flake in it but I was unable to test that theory. The max wax also went on very easy and came off just ass clean. Looking at both body panels side by side (fuzion/MaxWax) I could not tell a difference. Durability has yet to be seen but for now they are neck and neck.

The last was the PB Natty Blue. I had gotten this when I first got my PC but I haven't really had a chance to use it. It smells kinda like mint, kinda like bubble gum. I cant really get my nose wrapped around it. It went on just as easy as the other 2 but was a little harder to get off. It wasn't hard to get off, just harder then the previous 2.

In the end, I am very happy with all of these waxes. If Someone wanted to buy me a bday present of wax, I would say fuzion.
    If I had to buy another tin of wax, It would def. be the Max Wax.
    If I had to give one of my beloved waxes up, it would be the natty Blue. I still love it but there is actually something better out there then this.

Happy Detailing
    Last edited by Blake's Mobile Detailing; 02-17-2010 at 12:47 AM. Reason: wanted to add pics
    2009 Red f250 4door powerstroke fx4

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DP max wax, Fuzion and PB Natty Blue

To quote killrwheels "MaxWax is truly a hidden gem" and a GREAT wax especially for the price!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trichard View Post
    To quote killrwheels "MaxWax is truly a hidden gem" and a GREAT wax especially for the price!
    Yes it is. It works great on all colors IMO. It is easy to put on and take off. My truck is to big for the garage at my house I waxed the truck in the South Florida heat and it still came off easy. If anyone ants to try out a new wax try Max Wax you will love it
    Shawn
    Sully's Detailling LLC - South Florida
    www.autogeek.net

Post Thanks / Like

Did you let the maxwax hayze or did you do the WIWO method?
    2004 Pontiac PBM GTO
    11.78 @ 124

Post Thanks / Like

Natty's Blue is *much* more durable than the other 2 waxes you mentioned.

Regular Member Blake's Mobile Detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wipe on , wipe off. I tried one side letting it haze even though the tin said you dont have to let it sit. It was still easy to take off though
    2009 Red f250 4door powerstroke fx4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Natty's Blue is *much* more durable than the other 2 waxes you mentioned.
    I disagree. In my experience, Natty's Blue is about as durable as Max Wax, but Fuzion blows both of them out of the water in durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    I disagree. In my experience, Natty's Blue is about as durable as Max Wax, but Fuzion blows both of them out of the water in durability.
    I have no personal experience like you do, I was just going by this which seems to be pretty thorough.

Biggest Wax Test Ever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    I have no personal experience like you do, I was just going by this which seems to be pretty thorough.

Biggest Wax Test Ever
    Did he even post the final results for Fuzion? I didn't see Max Wax on there either.
    *Edit - I thought Fuzion was part of that test, but I don't see it there either?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matt@autogeek.net View Post
    Did he even post the final results for Fuzion? I didn't see Max Wax on there either.
    *Edit - I thought Fuzion was part of that test, but I don't see it there either?
    Sorry, I should have been more clear. I've used both MaxWax and Fuzion. They both did not last beyond 3 months. Never used Natty's blue, but in this study it lasted over 6 months in this study. I guess it comes down to personal experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast