autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Poor boys ssr2.5

I loved the results of my 2.5 the first time I used it, but now I think something has happened to the remaining polish that I have in my bottle. When I used it the other day it has gotten very thin and runny to the point that it won't even sit on top of the pad at all. It just soaks right up. This really baffles me because I have stored the polish in a cool dry place with the lid closed. Any one have this happen to them or know why it happened

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poor boys ssr2.5

Just went out and checked mine and yep it's runny to. Tried to shake it up and still the same. I try to shake my stuff once a week to. The last time I used mine use three weeks ago and it seemed fine then, and my stuff is only 2 months old. I checked my ssr1 and it fine, came out thick like toothpaste. I store my stuff in a tote in the laundryroom, so it wont get hot or cold. Maybe pockets will chime in and give us some clues??

Post Thanks / Like

ya my ssr1 is fine as well. the 2.5 was thinner from the get go but not to the point that it would just be absorbed by the pad. at first i had just thought it had seperated form sitting but i was shakin the stuff like mad but it didnt come back at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you should give Steve a call about it, He is known to privide excellent customer service. Any time I have had any problems with his products he has either offered to replace them or he has just thrown a little something extra in my next order.

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully pockets or somebody can chime in who migh know what is going on.

Super Member Pockets@PoorboysWorld's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSunshine01 View Post
    I loved the results of my 2.5 the first time I used it, but now I think something has happened to the remaining polish that I have in my bottle. When I used it the other day it has gotten very thin and runny to the point that it won't even sit on top of the pad at all. It just soaks right up. This really baffles me because I have stored the polish in a cool dry place with the lid closed. Any one have this happen to them or know why it happened

Sometimes we get different consistency between different batches some a little more "runny" than the others but what your are describing is fine and will still work the same as it did before. Just give it a good shake (to mix up the abrasives) put on the pad as normal and go to work
    Chris (a.k.a. Pockets)
    Warehouse Manager

Pockets@poorboysworld.com
    (845)215-9700

Post Thanks / Like

I can totally understand how consistancy can vary from batch to batch. My worry is that it started out kinda thick when I first got it and now the same bottle is very runny.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you put something down into the bottle (maybe a knitting needle or something like that) to see if there is a thick settled-out portion at the bottom (which is refusing to be shaken into solution again)?

If you can get something to the bottom of the bottle to break up the thick surface (if there is indeed some down there) it will probably then free-up and go back into solution when you shake it vigorously.
    James

Post Thanks / Like

The bottle is pretty see through and I can defenately tell there is very minimal that is clinging to the bottom. I wonder if I leave the cap off for a little while if it will dry up a little and thicken back up that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Maybe you should give Steve a call about it, He is known to privide excellent customer service. Any time I have had any problems with his products he has either offered to replace them or he has just thrown a little something extra in my next order.
    I guess this is why my thread got deleted when asking question about S&W loll..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast