autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: REVIEW: Griots BOSS Finishing Sealant - All In One/One Step Polish

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    How does it compare to Optimum Poli-Seal?
    the problem with optimum products (polishes/compounds/aio) is they tend to seperate after a while. i've thrown out ($$) half empty bottles no matter how well i would shake them to no avail. can't say i trust to buy another product from them anytime soon or at all...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

REVIEW: Griots BOSS Finishing Sealant - All In One/One Step Polish

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Awesome , let us know how you like it, im going to hold you to a show n shine when the time comes!
    Will do, bud! I'm working on a red c5 z06 this Saturday and plan to use it. If it doesn't cut it, I have fast correct and correcting creams which I LOVE!!! Easily my favorite polishes.

Quote Originally Posted by lane5515 View Post
    I'm interested in hearing about your results. One of my favorite cutting pads is the BOSS MF but they leave a haze. Please let us know how this combo finishes for you.
    I find any MF pad marrs black non-metallic paint. Other metallic colors, you can't see it(even though it might be there). As long as I can't see it, doesn't bother me. With the BOSS MF pads, they are by far the most effective on a 21mm for cutting, IMO. If you use them on a smaller orbit, they become a finishing MF pad because of the soft foam interface. Which polisher do you use them with?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    Will do, bud! I'm working on a red c5 z06 this Saturday and plan to use it. If it doesn't cut it, I have fast correct and correcting creams which I LOVE!!! Easily my favorite polishes.

I find any MF pad marrs black non-metallic paint. Other metallic colors, you can't see it(even though it might be there). As long as I can't see it, doesn't bother me. With the BOSS MF pads, they are by far the most effective on a 21mm for cutting, IMO. If you use them on a smaller orbit, they become a finishing MF pad because of the soft foam interface. Which polisher do you use them with?
    I use the Rupes 15 MKII. I recently used the BOSS MF with FG400 and it left a haze behind which was easily cleaned up with Menz 4000. I also did a 2008 Vette a couple weeks ago with GG Fast Correcting Cream and it left haze but not as bad as the FG400 (also not as bad as Megs MF DMC5 pads). In a perfect world I'd like to be able to use the BOSS MF pads with one of their correcting creams and not need to do a second polishing step... the polishes are getting close but not quite there yet.
    2018 Ford F150 - Ruby Red Metallic
    2019 Honda Odyssey - Obsidian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    the problem with optimum products (polishes/compounds/aio) is they tend to seperate after a while. i've thrown out ($$) half empty bottles no matter how well i would shake them to no avail. can't say i trust to buy another product from them anytime soon or at all...
    Did you contact Optimum and give them a chance to make it right? Nobody or anything is perfect. Or did they blow you off?

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Rupes 15 MKII. I recently used the BOSS MF with FG400 and it left a haze behind which was easily cleaned up with Menz 4000. I also did a 2008 Vette a couple weeks ago with GG Fast Correcting Cream and it left haze but not as bad as the FG400 (also not as bad as Megs MF DMC5 pads). In a perfect world I'd like to be able to use the BOSS MF pads with one of their correcting creams and not need to do a second polishing step... the polishes are getting close but not quite there yet.
    What color was the Vette?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WRAPT C5Z06 View Post
    What color was the Vette?
    400 with a mf cutting pad doesnt finish well on ALOT of paint, i have not used 400 with a MF cutting pad and it didnt leave a haze. If i use 400 i tend to use a foam pad as it does finish beautiful on foam.

But if im using a mf cutting pad im fast cream all day and Fast correcting cream finishes better then 400 on a microfiber cutting pad.

And whats nice about fast cream is that it doesnt diminish it continues to cut as your buffing cycle goes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 7.3powerstroke View Post
    Did you contact Optimum and give them a chance to make it right? Nobody or anything is perfect. Or did they blow you off?
    no, i didn't bother calling them because the products were over a year old. i've had other polishes/compounds that were older than that with no problems. oh well...
    i am the jump starter.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe, did a 2015 Caddy XTS in Pearl Black yesterday.

used BOSS G-15, BOSS MF Cutting Pad, and BOSS Finishing Sealant. Came out amazing!
    I opted for the MF Cutting pad as the white wasn't making a dent in tough GM clear.

I wished I had got pics, but we had to power through the detail... Customer wanted car in 4-6 hours (including full interior).
    That, and it was 94 degrees.... I needed to get it done.

Anyways, I love the way it finishes off. It almost looks like a coating...

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by paul_g View Post
    Joe, did a 2015 Caddy XTS in Pearl Black yesterday.

used BOSS G-15, BOSS MF Cutting Pad, and BOSS Finishing Sealant. Came out amazing!
    I opted for the MF Cutting pad as the white wasn't making a dent in tough GM clear.

I wished I had got pics, but we had to power through the detail... Customer wanted car in 4-6 hours (including full interior).
    That, and it was 94 degrees.... I needed to get it done.

Anyways, I love the way it finishes off. It almost looks like a coating...
    Awesome Paul!

Im glad you got great results and you liked it, it really is a nice product to work with.

Thanks for the update , wish you snapped some pics!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345