autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Storage bag for my PC

So I was in Sears the other day picking up an air filter for my shop vac and came across this "tool bag". It was only $9.99 and after eyeballing it I said this will be perfect to store and carry my new DA. It opens to a wide mouth and has a heavy duty zipper with little side mesh pockets too. There was only one left so I snagged it.

Here it is:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Storage bag for my PC

Nice find! I use a small duffle bag that I don't need anymore. Fits my PC, pads, and polishes on the outside end pockets. But that's only if I travel with it.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent price.

I bought this this hard platic case at a yardsale in SC for a buck.
    I've since added eggcrate foam.

VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

bmwgalore

Quote Originally Posted by Attn2Detailz View Post
    So I was in Sears the other day picking up an air filter for my shop vac and came across this "tool bag". It was only $9.99 and after eyeballing it I said this will be perfect to store and carry my new DA. It opens to a wide mouth and has a heavy duty zipper with little side mesh pockets too. There was only one left so I snagged it.

Here it is:
    Yup, I have this one.
    I like how I can fit the PCxp without bending the cord, we all know how bending the cord can be a problem on DAs.

I also fits an 14-AWG extension cord and several plates + the wrench...

I just wish it could fit ALL my pads, but I guess that's asking too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bag. I'm a bit of a bag junkie. Just went to the Totes outlet and snagged a giant duffel bag to set up for mobile jobs. I own about 20 or more pretty cool bags. I'd have bought that for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    Excellent price.

I bought this this hard platic case at a yardsale in SC for a buck.
    I've since added eggcrate foam.

I want a hard case like that that I can install about 6 two foot T-8 fluorescent bulbs and ballasts in and have as a mobile light box that can be closed to protect the bulbs during transport. Then put a tripod mount on the back of the box to set it up on mobile jobs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post

I want a hard case like that that I can install about 6 two foot T-8 fluorescent bulbs and ballasts in and have as a mobile light box that can be closed to protect the bulbs during transport. Then put a tripod mount on the back of the box to set it up on mobile jobs.
    The largest that I've found so far is 20.5" x 17" x 9" for $69.99
    EDIT: maybe try multiple lamps of smaller dimension with a hard plastic rifle case...google.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    Nice bag. I'm a bit of a bag junkie. Just went to the Totes outlet and snagged a giant duffel bag to set up for mobile jobs. I own about 20 or more pretty cool bags. I'd have bought that for that price.

Other than finding some fluorescent bulbs that small shouldn't be too hard to do since it's just wiring ballast to an extension cord. Takes so little power that you can pull it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cman8 View Post
    Other than finding some fluorescent bulbs that small shouldn't be too hard to do since it's just wiring ballast to an extension cord. Takes so little power that you can pull it off.
    Yeah it would be easy. I recently converted about 100 four bulb fixtures from T-12 to T-8 so it is really something that I can do in my sleep. I think I saw the 2 footers at Home Depot. Not on top of my list but close to the top. We'll see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great find! You got me looking for one now

Post Thanks / Like

This bag is now available at Sears.com and in-store for $5.99. I will pick one up today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast