autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

considering a PC

well i work with a guy who also works at lowes. he said he could hook me up with the 10 percent discount on a PC but then i started thinking, thats only about 10 bucks off. and id have to get pads and everything else. i was thinkin....when you take away the value of the pads and waxes and stuff in all the autogeek combo's or whatever you wanna call them, how much does the porter cable actually cost. what is the best kit to get? and the 10% discount code does not apply to PC's right?

Post Thanks / Like
    ive found taht i could usually get more items for the same price if i didn't buy a kit. with the discount @ lowe's, 100 bucks for the machine, and then that gives roughly another 50 bucks to play with online for pads and backing plates. that's more than enough to get a good asortment.

Post Thanks / Like
    The discount does NOT apply to PC's and other buffers unfortunately, but you can do it on all accessories. With most pads costing around 9.00 each and a flexible backing plate costing 15-20, I think some of the kits offered are really not the far off considering everything is in one box and arrives at the same time. Lowes pricing for the 7336 and a 10% off discount is not something overlook however. The point is .... get it one way or another, and get some pads.

http://www.autogeek.net/vcpad.html

Post Thanks / Like
    not sure when i will, but i probably will. im just having a hard time justifying the cost. what is the benefit of the PC? when your spending 100-200 bucks on polishing stuff i just have to wonder why can't i do it by hand? nobody ever really has provided a solid reason to buy the pc. all i hear is buy it buy it buyt it....thats a big investment there

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelso
    not sure when i will, but i probably will. im just having a hard time justifying the cost. what is the benefit of the PC? when your spending 100-200 bucks on polishing stuff i just have to wonder why can't i do it by hand? nobody ever really has provided a solid reason to buy the pc. all i hear is buy it buy it buyt it....thats a big investment there
    simple actually , you will never be able to replicate by hand what you have done with a PC. You will understand after the first time of use ... but nobody can force you to take the leap.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know it is tough sometimes to come off the money but, you can get what you need and then detail some cars to cusion the blow. I have to warn you this is the beginning of an addiction and it won't stop with the PC..

Post Thanks / Like
    oh the addiction is long in me. i detail cars at work and i plan on building my own detailing business within a year cause im about to graduate and its something im quite good at, inside and out.

i just thought of some more questions. we have this kinda old orbital polisher buffer in the garage with a 10 inch styrefoam pad and bonnets. it gives instructions on how to remove the pad thing but will the backing plates on line fit this or are they only PC compatible? or where could i find 10 inch stuff? all i read about is 5 to 6 inch stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Look something like this ?? It will never produce the speed of the PC and the pads and backing plates will not fit. You might be able to find some of the bonnets at Walmart.
    Last edited by ScottB; 03-30-2006 at 07:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    think of it this way... you learned the "wax on, wax off" circle method of applying products long ago. how many times do u think you can make that motion in a minute? 100, maybe? and youre not going to sustain that pace for very long. The PC makes hundreds, even thousands of these motions per minute. This is what makes the PC FAR more effective than by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    yea the buffer looks very simlar to that. i rarely use it though. it would be easier to buy the pc if i didnt have these bills now lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.