autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2nd time using my new PC

Different car, different AIO (McKee's 360), but on my wife's white 09 rouge, I used a white pad on the hood and roof, and an orange pad on the doors as they had more defects. After completion, the hood looked good, but the doors looked better. It was my first time using a DA polisher, so I did test spots, and kept things as controlled as possible (same pressure, same number of passes per section, etc).

I used 6 pads on the car. One on the hood, one on the roof, one on each set of doors, one on the rear fenders, front fenders, and one on the hatch. A clean pad makes a huge difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pilotpip View Post
    Different car, different AIO (McKee's 360), but on my wife's white 09 rouge, I used a white pad on the hood and roof, and an orange pad on the doors as they had more defects. After completion, the hood looked good, but the doors looked better. It was my first time using a DA polisher, so I did test spots, and kept things as controlled as possible (same pressure, same number of passes per section, etc).

I used 6 pads on the car. One on the hood, one on the roof, one on each set of doors, one on the rear fenders, front fenders, and one on the hatch. A clean pad makes a huge difference.
    What speed did you use?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trojanone1 View Post
    I do not have any compound in my stock so I will have to pick some up. Random question, are you over at the Grand Prix Forums? Your user name is familiar.
    Uh-oh, you found me.

I just figured UC can be found locally and it's good stuff to have around. Using a white pad with UC would be a step up from what you did.
    Keeping it simple until you can get some orange pads and whatever compound you decide on was my reasoning.

$10 locally and you are still doing it right with the least aggressive approach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trojanone1 View Post
    What speed did you use?
    I started spreading at 2, then worked up to 5.

Just did my F-150 crew cab this weekend. I used orange pads on the whole truck (6 total) and was happy with the results. I did a test on the hood with a white pad on one side and an orange on the other. Orange was the clear winner. I have photos of the before and during. I ran out of time and couldn't take afters. Now it's raining. I cleaned the pads about half way through each panel and rather than spreading on a low speed, I simply "kissed" the areas as others here suggest and went straight to 5.

Post Thanks / Like

run it 6 for correction...
    even when buffing out wax I will keep my thumb on the speed wheel and hit 4.5 like on side panels/contours just to keep it spinning...

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered some orange pads to have another go on the car. Its been a couple weeks since i applied the aio. Planned on topping it shortly aftee but the wife's grandma has been having health issues so the detail was put on hold.

Just did my 2014 Ram in Flame Red and that turned out quite well! No pics of the process, but used 6 white pads with the Griots AIO yesterday after i washed/clayed and just got done topping with Collinite 845 and i love it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123