autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 1990 Corvette - Extreme Makeover Pictures & Process

great time, always nice hanging out with car people and learning some new things.

i've been afraid of wool pads with the rotary, but now i know their place in a correction process and how to use them correctly. it will greatly speed things up for certain applications in the future.

thanks mike and jay for the opportunity, and hope to see everyone at the next one.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job everyone:
    -Hologram-free paint-correction via rotary polishers only!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 57BORNTORUN View Post
    Either Frank is either really focused or really uncomfortable(Or perhaps both)Can`t wait for the next one and that is easy for me to say being less than ten minutes away and sometimes having Louie as my Chauffeur.Good times, Great people.Thanks Mike and Jay.
    Next time I'll bring a pillow.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    Next time I'll bring a pillow.
    You always bring your game Frank so I guess you can bring the pillow.(Wait till Chris see`s it and it may be a different story)
    "Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin' out over the line"

Super Member antti@561detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It was nice to meet everyone. It was my first time, but definitely not the last time. Great crew to hung out with. Thanks Mike and Jay.
    561 Car Detailing Gtechniq Accredited Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    Nice job everyone:
    -Hologram-free paint-correction via rotary polishers only!!

Bob
    Thanks Bob for the compliment. Great team to work with and thanks to Mike's help with tips and techniques.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by boomer1649 View Post

Mike, no pro yet but enjoyed working with rotary buffer and wool pad again.

Hi Den,

Thanks for helping out... the paint on the Vette was just like I described.... and that's trashed but it looks a lot better now.

Wool pads and rotary buffers make quick work of removing deeper defects.

Quote Originally Posted by boomer1649 View Post

One of the most interesting things to me is how much interest and activity these projects create within the Autogeek community.

Do one car and educate thousands!

See you next time. Den

That's the multiplier-effect from networking. And the "next time" is this Thursday. We have a local car guy bringing in a VERY COOL CAR to prep for Detail Fest. I'll get the sign-up thread posted in a few moments.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Radarryan View Post

Wow! Wow, wow, wow, wow wow! That's all I can say! That must have been a challenging process but you rallied the troops and have a fantastic result on your hands, Mike!

Thank you for taking the time to make the write up, resize the pictures, post it, and answer all our questions! Your effort is inspiring! BlackFire makes some quality products and they were nicely showcased that evening.

We (I ) have been waiting a while for this project, ever since he came by for the wash, and it did not disappoint!

Thanks Ryan...

Quote Originally Posted by alfortuna View Post

This was my first Thursday evening session with Mike Phillips at the Show Car Garage. Last June, I participated in a detailing mini-clinic that Mike presented for the Everglades Chapter of the BMW Car Club of America. His program was excellent so my expectations were high for last night's project. Mike never disappoints and his team of experts helped to transform Jay's 1990 Corvette with a beautiful show car finish.

My special thanks to Mike and the great guys who shared their expertise with this newbie. This was a fun evening with new friends and lots of satisfaction. I can't wait for the next project car. Hope to see everybody and their rides at Detail Fest next month. Please drive smart! Al Fortuna

Hi Al,

It was a pleasure having you with us for this project, we have another cool project for this Thursday, so if any of your BMW buddies want to join in let them know.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    Corvette came out real shiny.

Enjoyed using the rotary with the different pads and products.

As always, it was fun working with the rest of the crew.

Thanks again Mike for the opportunity and tips and thanks Jay for the pizza.

Thanks for all your hard work that night Frank, you always do such great work!

Quote Originally Posted by cmanningjr View Post

I never thought white paint could look so good!! Y'all take everything to the next level..

Looks great!!
    When you get the paint really smooth and clean then the brightness shines through!

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post

i really like the fact that mike went all rotary on this project. gave us all a good lesson on rotary 101.

thanks mike for all the tips, tricks and techniques that you're always sharing with us.

it was a pleasure working with the crew, great work everyone!
    also thank you to jay for the pizza and soda

Hi Josue,

Thanks for making the drive to Autogeek all the way from Miami AGAIN to help out. It's real easy to see you have a lot of passion for this craft. Thank you for all your hard work on this project.

For those reading this, Josue also drove down from Miami to help on the recent 1959 Impala project.

Pictures: 1959 Impala - Mothers Extreme Makeover!

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post

Beautiful work.
    On behalf of the team.... thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by LJR View Post

great time, always nice hanging out with car people and learning some new things.

I've been afraid of wool pads with the rotary, but now i know their place in a correction process and how to use them correctly. it will greatly speed things up for certain applications in the future.

thanks mike and jay for the opportunity, and hope to see everyone at the next one.

Thanks for joining us and also thanks for taking a lot of the pictures and sharing some tips and techniques with me on photography.

Quote Originally Posted by TakaSuti View Post

It was nice to meet everyone. It was my first time, but definitely not the last time. Great crew to hung out with.

Thanks Mike and Jay.

It was a pleasure to meet you and thank you for attending your first Thursday night project here at AG.

Super Member antti@561detailing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for opportunity and I cant wait for the next one.
    561 Car Detailing Gtechniq Accredited Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mike, been busy but I would like to say working on Jays Vette was awesome. As always at the makeover I learned a lot. The guys on the A-team were all very cool.

You always inspire when we get down and dirty over at autogeek. You always make it fun , interesting and I come away feeling like I have gotten better at what I do.

Tell Jay thanks for the car and the pizza.

My favorite thing is we always get to use the best products on the market and learn about the new ones coming down the pipe. There is always some thing cool going on at Autogeek , where all the actions at.

As always it was a pleasure to be there thank you for your time and effort no one works harder then you we appreciate it Mike.

see u soon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast