autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rupes Detailing Classes at Autogeek!

Another great class in the books. Well done gentlemen.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Another great class in the books. Well done gentlemen.

Thanks Mike...

I wish I had a count of how many classes I've taught in my life and how many people have taken my classes... sorry to say it's been too many over too many years to even try to count.

The Rupes segment of my class is one of the most popular now as the people that attend these classes tend to have read about these polisher but never held or used one.

Right now I'm working on just the right car for the class coming up in January of next year.

The first class is always a lot of fun as everyone attending will be some of the first people in the U.S. to test out many of the cool new tools, pads and products introduced at SEMA here at our garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, outstanding write up as always. I am absolutely going to buy a Rupes polisher this Spring.
    Jeremy Wayne

Post Thanks / Like

Another great informative right up Mike. I love my new Rupes polisher. This is my Black 2013 Genesis Coupe polished with Wolf's Medium/Jeweler combo and topped with BF Black Ice (courtesy of Meghan )

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post

Wow, outstanding write up as always.
    The pictures of the 1963 Ford Galaxie came out kind of dark, I didn't train my photographer well enough to know how to turn the flash on. My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by statusdetailing View Post

I am absolutely going to buy a Rupes polisher this Spring.

You'll love your choice.

Post Thanks / Like

I have promised myself to go this year!
    What is the cost Mike?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post

I have promised myself to go this year!
    What is the cost Mike?

The price of the classes for next year are $895.00 with a $100.00 store merchandise credit.

The classes just get better and better and the variety of products and tools keeps growing. I'm pretty sure my class in January will be the first detailing class in the U.S. that will be showcasing some of the new stuff coming onto the market.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see a lot of people step up and plunk down the money for the class and gift card but can someone really learn everything they need in a single session? I'm not doubting the instructor and certainly not the Rupes machine, would never think of doing that but just asking? The reason I ask is because when we had our own little detail day I tried a number of machines and certainly didn't master anything in one day, seems to me this would take a couple weeks and a lot of hands on experience, not just one car one day. It would take time because you'd have to work on old paints, new paints, soft and hard paints, etc and this would take some time IMO, atleast to come out being compitent anyways.

I'm not bashing this class but simply asking a question or two.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Mike Phillips

For everyone reading this into the future...

To sign-up or get more information about the class, if you LOOK at the top of ANY "forum" page you'll see the below graphic,

This is an interactive graphic, by this I mean if you hover your mouse over it and >click< on it, you will be taken to the page where you can sign-up online or simply call

1-800-869-3011

The classes are held the same time every year and that's because we have people that fly in from around the country and from around the world to attend these classes.

Last weekend in January

First weekend in May

Last weekend in September

The first class for next year is already filling up fast, the dates are,

Saturday, January 25th

Saturday, January 26th

We're promoting these classes on My Classic Car next year as well as Velocity TV Channel.

Last year Marco D'Inca and one of his colleagues attended my May class incognito to get a feel for how I teach my classes as I think Marco told me they are going to try to duplicate these and offer some type of Rupes Detailing Classes in Italy.

VIP Guest Marco D'Inca from Rupes at Autogeek's Detailing Boot Camp Class

Here' s Marco D'Inca head of engineering for Rupes, he and his colleague Andreas and myself standing in front of the 1940 Chevy Sedan we also buffed out in the class when going over the Flex Power Tools.

Marco buffing on a 1987 Buick Grand National
    Marco is showing my students first hand how to use the Bigfoot 21 to remove swirls out of black paint. This was quite the honor to have this gentleman in my class walking the walk and these guys didn't even know who he was!

There's probably not a lot of 1987 Buick Grand Nationals in Italy to demonstrate the capabilities of the Bigfoot 21 Orbital Polisher.

Andreas using the Flex with a 4" backing plate and a 5" Hybrid pad on a 1940 Chevy

He probably doesn't get this kind of opportunity in Italy very often.

No other classes like our classes...
    I always have incredible cars here to work on including a "normal" daily driver type transportation car as a portion of my class goes over the Meguiar's Microfiber DA Correction System for doing production detailing for guys that either already have a detailing business or are starting a detailing business.

People from all walks of life...
    I always have a wide variety of people from all walks of life attend my classes, the three primary groups are,

Enthusiasts - "Car Guys" & "Car Gals" plus Weekend Warriors
    These people understand that the paint on their toy is one of the most expensive components of their car. They read our forum and also understand that the clear layer of paint is thinner than a 3M Post-it Note. They don't want to pay someone else to work on their car as they don't want to risk having their car butchered by someone else and most important, they like the satisfaction that comes with knowing how to do it themselves. Believe it or not, this is the larges segment of people that attend my classes and they fly in from all over the country and the world and even from right down the road.

Detailers - Established and Newbies
    Ether detailers that have been doing this 5, 10, 15, even 20 years or people that are either brand new to car detailing or toying with the idea of getting into detailing. I think the most common comments I get are from the guys that have been doing this for a long time and the most common comment I hear is,

"I found out today I've been doing it wrong all my life"

Body Shop Guys
    These guys want to learn more about wetsanding and the newest sanding tools, newest compounds and newest rotary buffers and other tools for working on fresh paint.

Simply click to post #5 and read the first-hand testimonies from my last class and I can share even more from all my classes dating back to 2004 and if Mercedesshop.com forum had not been taken down I could share testimonies back to 2002.

The classes are not just educational... but a lot of fun...

Hope to see you here...

Post Thanks / Like
    Build it and they will come...

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast