autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Think you've had a bad day ??

On February 23rd, we lost our house to a fire. No one was injured thank God but our dog did perish in the fire. Along with all of our belongings, my entire detailing arsenal was also destroyed and I will now be starting to build it again from scratch. For about 15 years I've been detailing cars, not professionally but for friends and family. I go back to when Mike Phillips was with Meguiars. Anyway, I have to rebuild our home along with the garage so any advice on lighting, etc is always appreciated. It will be a few months until we're able to move back in ...in the meantime, I'll be doing some shopping. So if you think you're having a bad day, look at the picture I posted......thanks for reading this...looking forward to being part of the AutoGeek community.
    Last edited by TkdDad; 03-24-2016 at 12:47 PM. Reason: add link to pictures

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Think you've had a bad day ??

Sorry for the loss of your pet what a painful period in your life.Startfresh on a positive note.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TkdDad View Post
    On February 23rd, we lost our house to a fire. No one was injured thank God but our dog did perish in the fire. Along with all of our belongings, my entire detailing arsenal was also destroyed and I will now be starting to build it again from scratch. For about 15 years I've been detailing cars, not professionally but for friends and family. I go back to when Mike Phillips was with Meguiars. Anyway, I have to rebuild our home along with the garage so any advice on lighting, etc is always appreciated. It will be a few months until we're able to move back in ...in the meantime, I'll be doing some shopping. So if you think you're having a bad day, look at the picture I posted...not sure how to link it here...thanks for reading this...looking forward to being part of the AutoGeek community.

Glad to hear no one was hurt though if your family is like mine, we wouldn't know what to do if one of our dogs didn't make it. Hopefully everything turns out for the best for you guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that. I cant even imagine the heartache and hassle this must be.

As far as lighting, check out High Bay Lighting | Industrial LED Lighting | Big Ass Light They are LED lights for the garage and are AWESOME. Of course they are not inexpensive, but the old saying you get what you pay for applies here.

Post Thanks / Like

PM me your address where I can send a big box.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone...you're all correct, it's painful, a hassle, a heartache, and a big fat slap to the face to make you realize that just because life is cruising along just fine for years, one day, it can all change. I appreciate the kind words of support. Really I do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TkdDad View Post
    Thanks everyone...you're all correct, it's painful, a hassle, a heartache, and a big fat slap to the face to make you realize that just because life is cruising along just fine for years, one day, it can all change. I appreciate the kind words of support. Really I do.
    Trust me I know that feeling,I've been in pain for the last 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for your loss God Bless and glad you and your family were not hurt
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch. Sorry to hear about your bad day.

Looking forward to seeing your rebuild. God bless.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

God bless , I'm sorry about your dog and your home, but thank heavens you and your family are ok, material things can be replaced, I am sorry about your dog tho that is very sad.

You'll be up in running in no time!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.