autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which one would you recommend? New car purchase..

I had a Cherokee while my car was in the shop getting warranty work and didn't notice an issue with the trans. What I think people "think" is a problem is how often and early it shifts. That said I had a Latitude and I really liked it...a Lot. It was the FWD model with the 3.2L V6 and it was butter smooth. The interior materials are soft where need be and the options were great, heated steering wheel and the UConnect worked without needing to read anything!

The CX5 is the mileage leader and certainly the most fun to drive of the bunch. I have a Mazda and many friends with them and NO problems.

The new Tucson sport looks like an Audi and comes standard with everything for the most part. Their quality has come a long way, so you've gotta check that out but the looks, my God the looks👍👍

In closing I'd say you gotta drive them all and if mileage is a concern check out www.fuely.com for REAL data.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Several years ago Kia hired the chief designer from Audi, Peter Schreyer. Hyundai owns 30% of Kia and Peter has now designed vehicles for both companies. Its more than a coincidence that the Tuscon looks 'german'.Hyundai also poached BMW's M engineering chief to lead a new performance division.

Post Thanks / Like

This is what's great about our site....news! I had no idea that Hyundai was forming a new perf division. I've always said they need to do something like M/AMG/RS and now it appears they are doing just that. Maybe the first ride is a V8 Genesis coupe'. Next up should be the Veloster turbo with the uprated turbo 4 or it's old tune of 274 up and add AWD to an upper model.

The sky is the limit for Hyundai and KIA🇰🇷

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 9 speed transmission. I have had nothing but problems with JGC for past 3 weeks. The service center is horrible, they have not been able to tell me or fix the high pressure power steering hose. It keeps disconnecting and they can't explain why. I have filed a claim with Jeep corporate and am looking into the lemon law. So far I have taken it 3 times for the same problem and its still unresolved. I am looking into the lemon law but my car is older than 18 months and has 42K miles. I might just trade it in and buy a Chevy Tahoe. I have no faith in Jeep and the transmission has been sketchy from the moment it left the lot. It would downshift and kick hard and make clacking noises that made me feel uncomfortable. It is for this reason that I bought the Max Care warranty which covers everything with a 100 dollar deductible. The reality is I don't want my Jeep at the dealership every month. I hope this helps your decision. I had to vent a little. I am currently driving a dodge ram as a rental, not exactly what I bought. They don't even give you a rental equivalent. I am getting ready to start a family and Jeep does not provide me with any confidence moving forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    You can slap whatever you want on it, but trust me, it's like being married to a nun with these white cars. They're just no fun!

My folks went and bought a brand new White Kia last year and I had zero knowledge of it until almost a week later. Once I found out they bought it I was like "but why the heck did you pick a white 1"? Lol.

Try to change her mind while you still have a chance.
    Did someone say you white cars are no fun?

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

I always think that Mazda has a identity promblem.You don't see a lot of them on the road.is Mazda on the bottom versus Nissan Toyota Honda as far as quality.The only Mazda I ever liked in many years was the millenia s.How does Mazda compete ,is it the price or standard options versus the competitors.not bashing Mazda it's just that how does one purchase a Mazda versus all the proven quality of Honda Nissan Toyota .maybe for the design I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I always think that Mazda has a identity promblem.You don't see a lot of them on the road.is Mazda on the bottom versus Nissan Toyota Honda as far as quality.The only Mazda I ever liked in many years was the millenia s.How does Mazda compete ,is it the price or standard options versus the competitors.not bashing Mazda it's just that how does one purchase a Mazda versus all the proven quality of Honda Nissan Toyota .maybe for the design I guess.
    How Car Brands Compare for Reliability - Consumer Reports

Mazda beat Honda & Nissan as far as reliability is concerned for 2015 according to Consumer Reports. The CX-5 and the Tuscon are strongest in the class at the moment IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info, I'm mainly talking about 15 years ago how did they survive when the average consumer was brainwashed into thinking Honda and Toyota were the best promblem free cars .maybe when they were bought from ford I guess .

Post Thanks / Like

Hyundai years ago entered the market with low prices but suffered poor quality,talk about a come back.still today there identity is a lot of car for the money and the warranty can't be beat versus American brands like the focus etc.kia entered the market with low cost suv and the 100 k warranty.There cars today are very stylish and and the warranty is what people want plus free batteries and tires for life.Toyota was on the same platform as for the batt and tires but bailed out of it..Honda sold itself from day one but offers you no roadside assistance and only a 36k warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post
    Did someone say you white cars are no fun?

Believe me, I know white cars. Lol. My folks have 2 white vehicles that I maintain in immaculate condition 7 days a week. It's all love, but no lust. Lol.

Which one would you recommend? New car purchase..-imageuploadedbyagonline1451267363-323864-jpg

Which one would you recommend? New car purchase..-imageuploadedbyagonline1451267446-663720-jpg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast