autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AG: The Best Detailing Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Dereksdtail View Post
    This forum hands down is número uno, wish I would've known about it a few years back I would've saved a lot of money and time and made way more money!
    Yeah.... dunno' about saving money hanging 'round these here parts!
    I've spent more money on detailing the last 3 years than I did 10 years prior!

I hear y'all on the overall 'tone' of AGO.
    I've been in online forums since they called them a "BBS", and it was a blue DOS screen with white letters. I've been a member, been a user, been an admin (although back then they called them "Sysop"). Was a Sysop over on CompuServe for years.

All that is why I'm so long winded, and use so many emoticons. Reading text is sterile (at best) and if you don't (at least try) to somehow inflect some sort of emotion into it you'll end up ticking off more people than you can imagine, all (the while trying your best to dig out of the hole you just dug).

What's so amazing around here though is the admin's don't have to constantly monitor and shut down threads. (Compared to the flame pits that many others are.)
    Doesn't mean that we don't have to get them involved from time to time, (usually because the same people keep popping back in), but you'll never all the people to get along all the time.

@tenblade - Hmmmm.... Wonder who sent ya' all those microfibers?
    Enjoy them in good health brother.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post

I've been in online forums since they called them a "BBS", and it was a blue DOS screen with white letters. I've been a member, been a user, been an admin (although back then they called them "Sysop"). Was a Sysop over on CompuServe for years.

All that is why I'm so long winded, and use so many emoticons. Reading text is sterile (at best) and if you don't (at least try) to somehow inflect some sort of emotion into it you'll end up ticking off more people than you can imagine, all (the while trying your best to dig out of the hole you just dug).

What's so amazing around here though is the admin's don't have to constantly monitor and shut down threads. (Compared to the flame pits that many others are.)
    Doesn't mean that we don't have to get them involved from time to time, (usually because the same people keep popping back in), but you'll never all the people to get along all the time.

Ok I would've saved money I spent other places and spent it here buying quality products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post

You Shipping out towels again? LOL!!!!

Can't agree more with all the posters here AGO is a great place to call home.

IMHO you will never find a better place to hang out and interact with some of the BEST folks out there, willing to help above and beyond.

It seems like Just yesterday I joined AGO( boy does time fly when your having fun) and in reality it's been over 4 years!

Great people, great friends.......great "FAMILY"!!!
    Tim
    "I have done so much with so little for so long.
    Now I can do anything with nothing"

Post Thanks / Like

Since returning to learn more about detailing early last year I find myself on here more than any other of the dozen or so forum sites of which I'm an active member. I've all but stopped posting in a few of them, and my activity or presence in the others has diminished significantly... including a couple of car brand-specific forums at which I'm even an admin! The signal-to-noise ratio here is so much higher here than in other places it's no contest.
    Francesco

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fairly new here and I love it. Great vibe, helpful people and a good time. I look forward to logging on everyday. Tony (cardaddy) was also very helpful and took time out of his busy weekend to offer some advice. Thanks again Tony and to all the other guys who post info and reviews

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dad07 View Post
    You Shipping out towels again? LOL!!!!

Can't agree more with all the posters here AGO is a great place to call home.

IMHO you will never find a better place to hang out and interact with some of the BEST folks out there, willing to help above and beyond.

It seems like Just yesterday I joined AGO( boy does time fly when your having fun) and in reality it's been over 4 years!

Great people, great friends.......great "FAMILY"!!!
    What?

ME????

And let me just add here.... Tim (dad07) was the FIRST guy to send me a 'goodie box' (which I didn't even ask for) that included Duragloss Aquawax, and a few others.
    Which now I am totally and completely addicted to!

I have guys here that I TRULY think of a brothers, more so than I did my own brother btw (which was 11 years my junior) and he's been gone for over 4 years now. (From what I'm told, every family has one like him, but the key here is just how folks on AGO will go out of their way to help, and/or spend time out of their busy lives in an effort to help (where sometimes family will just go out of their way to BE out of the way).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dereksdtail View Post
    Ok I would've saved money I spent other places and spent it here buying quality products.
    I would have spent my money more wisely. As it stands, I've got anout $150 in MF towels that good for my son to detail his plastic car, exhaust/wheels or the wife's car LOL.
    I fell for the "super duper highest quality, supremo, thickest/plushest towel on the planet" marketing, as well as "super duper high gloss enhancing, mirror wet finish, yada, yada"..money that could/should have been spent better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tenblade2001 View Post
    @zmanjohn,
    Congrats on the flooring...sounds like a great deal. If that had been AG, the members would have said "post some pics so we can see" and then given some helpful responses.
    , what better place to share than with a bunch of good guys who would appreciate the work that goes into the project. Why didn't I think of that?
    Let me see what I can do to get some pictures uploaed and I will post. Maybe can get some help or suggestions what products to use to keep them looking good. Maybe use by 3401 to polish with some flooring wax.

Check back for updates, I will start a new thread.
    Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12