autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Barrett-Jackson auction

I watch it and want to know what one does for a living that they can afford to buy multiple cars at ridiculously high prices?. One dude bought one for $1.5 million. I'd love to have an extra million laying around.
    2007 Chevy Equinox
    2008 Saturn Outlook

Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering if I was the only one laughing at the BJ line of supplies. If you looked carefully they were using Meguires quick detailer on most of the cars. I really liked Mecum Auctions better. They were more about the cars and the announcers really knew their stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Mequires and Mothers were both there with there Semi Trailers. Mothers dudes were working away wiping the cars down before they went across the block.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    Anyone else laughing at BJ now having their own line of polishes and car products at............

Pep Boys.

I didn't see their old supplier, Meguiar's, anywhere.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oldmodman View Post
    CarDaddy, I hope you Dr. will write you prescriptions for Tamiflu to keep on hand for when you start to feel a Flu coming on.
    I always keep two regimes of it in the fridge. Last Flu I had I started taking the Tamiflu within 2 hours of feeling it. I was almost normal within three days. When before I had Tamiflu my Flus would last at least a week of misery.

And I have been watching the auction as much as possible. I don't like the increase in "personalities" blabbering about the cars instead of showing the auction.

Just show us the damn cars already.
    Funny you mention Tamiflu. I was HOPING I could get some, and NOPE... didn't happen. We still have it this week, better, but it's sill all the coughing, yellow gung, yada yada yada.

I don't mind some of the on the block commentaries especially Mike Joy and the amazing knowledge of Steve Magnante. The problem is, whomever is at the sound board can't seem to get their volume right and you can barely tell what's being said. The sheer volume of knowledge that Steve can spit out just based on a VIN, or what intake, carb, fan, trans, springs, rear end, you name it is just mind boggling.

I actually liked the energy that Ray Evernham brought to the staging lanes this year, as well as his other spots.

But what really go me was how clueless their director/producer was when say a special vehicle that Ray had introduced earlier was crossing the block the director/producer would cut to some special piece they'd done and you'd come back to the block to hear Mike Joy saying such and such vehicle just sold at $$$$. I'd be like .

I think they REALLY missed the mark this time though dropping the Haggerty Fantasy Bid game. Note that you didn't see Craig Jackson go on camera this time with his usual spiel "The collector car market is strong. Prices are continuing to rise.".
    By and large, MOST sellers lost a TON of money. Sure there were a few exceptional street rod types that had undergone a $300,000 build that brought *close* to that, some only half of what they spent on the build. Some lesser ones might have even broken even, or made a few bucks. But for the most part nobody got what they paid on the nicer vehicles. Even Ron Pratte didn't break the bank. His collection they estimated to bring from $40~$50 million and after all was said and done it brought $35 million AFTER buyer fees. (Which is another 10%.)

OTOH, I watched every last minute of it, and will Palm Beach, Vegas, and any others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12