autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Tip Jars

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixLLC View Post
    You betcha,

Been in the shadows for a time, reading through posts but im here now my brother!
    I usually get excited when I find someone within 150-200 miles of me. "Detailing" around here means a dust buster, bottle of armor all, purple power and one rag. Ohhhh and gallons and gallons of tire shine

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tip Jars

Quote Originally Posted by golliger View Post
    I was in a SELF SERVE yogurt place that had a tip jar at the register.
    I suppose those tips are for you, for the excellent service you provide for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cshamilton View Post
    I got the "stink eye" the other day when I didn't leave a tip when I picked up a pizza at the local Pizza Hut. I was like, what? Why should I leave a tip when I came to get the pizza. On top of that, who am I tipping? The person taking my money or the person making the pizza?

With that being said, I've worked in food service before, and it's tough. But I never took anything for granted and always worked hard for a tip, not just staring someone down or smirking if they didn't leave anything.
    Just making food for take out doesn't deserve a tip. Being seated and receiving service does.

Tipping is for services, not products.

When you have a waitress checking in on you to see if you need anything and providing it in a reasonable length of time, that is tip worthy.

Also, food delivery drivers can get tips since they are providing a service.
    Any time you pick up food from a counter, you are receiving a product.
    I've never heard of fast food places getting tips when you pick up, and especially not the drive through...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eandras View Post
    I to get the paper delivered but I will not tip as the paper is never on the front stoop. The delivery person leaves it were ever. When I have my sprinklers on the paper is wet. So why should I tip when they do not do a job they are suppose to do? As far as waiters/waitresses I tip accordingly. If service is good 20%. If bad 15%. I know here in NJ they get like $2-3.00 an hour.
    My newspaper lady is the BEST! My paper lands within 10' of my door every morning

I did notice today that she has a new Jeep Cherokee. I live in a cove and as she was turning around this morning she scraped the l.f. wheel BIG TIME. Didn't even seem to phase her

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    My newspaper lady is the BEST! My paper lands within 10' of my door every morning

I did notice today that she has a new Jeep Cherokee. I live in a cove and as she was turning around this morning she scraped the l.f. wheel BIG TIME. Didn't even seem to phase her

It's under the car, flash! Who cares!!! Kidding. But that's what all my friends think when they ride up on the parking barriers.

Post Thanks / Like

It's under the car, flash! Who cares!!! Kidding. But that's what all my friends think when they ride up on the parking barriers.
    Curb rash is another thing that bothers me. It's frankly unacceptable IMO

I will have to reevaluate how much I give her this Christmas based on her driving skills

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna put a donation jar on my desk. The donation will be for the following charity. The charity will be "Some People Just Need A Slap Upside the Head". The money will be donated to my pocket so that I can cover my expenses to go hit the person upside the head. These tip/charity jars are getting out of hand.

I would rather donate what little spare time I have to a cause then give money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eandras View Post
    I'm gonna put a donation jar on my desk. The donation will be for the following charity. The charity will be "Some People Just Need A Slap Upside the Head". The money will be donated to my pocket so that I can cover my expenses to go hit the person upside the head. These tip/charity jars are getting out of hand.

I would rather donate what little spare time I have to a cause then give money.
    This is a great idea! I think we should all put a Tip Jar on our desks and see what kind of responses we get. Be sure to throw a few dollar bills and some change in there to prime the system/make them feel guilty

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Curb rash is another thing that bothers me. It's frankly unacceptable IMO

I will have to reevaluate how much I give her this Christmas based on her driving skills
    Agreed. My wife's rims hate it too. Somehow they are magnetized to curbs or something.

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. My wife's rims hate it too. Somehow they are magnetized to curbs or something.
    Women do the craziest things. When I first met my wife. I dropped by her house one day and caught her outside after washing her car. She had a BIG BAG of fingernail polish. She was trying to find the right color to touchup her paint with

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast