autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guess what the postman brought me today?

I also noticed that the Sonic wax is noticeably larger and feels denser/ heavier. A Bouncer's style pour! To the brim

Post Thanks / Like

Well BLOW ME DOWN!!!!

Check what I just saw from Nick's most recent post.....

SON1C Wax Carnaubavore

Now talk about a show of support!!!!! This is why I LOVE AG and our fellow geekers!

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Pain View Post
    Well BLOW ME DOWN!!!!

SON1C Wax Carnaubavore

Now talk about a show of support!!!!! This is why I LOVE AG and our fellow geekers!

I agree with you Dr. Pain...
    As well as share in the below sentiments of Mike, found in the link you provided above!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    Wow that is incredible! Too have a forum member create a wax and have it sold through Autogeek.

Congrats Drew!
    Fantastic!!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

What does this wax compare to in regard to ease of use, looks and durability? Is it a WOWO or a wipe on and wait to haze? Any comparisons to the other pastes sold here?

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome! Congrats DREW! Hard work does pay off

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the question pickles! As I mentioned before, it is unlike any wax I have ever tried. Let me try to summarize my experience (and statements I have made in previous reviews)

1) It is a HARD wax! The newer formulation does seem to have a little more give but it is a dense, heavy in the hand wax. Without actual weights I would say it feels close in weight (if not heavier in hand) to the 8oz pot of Pete 53 I have (and that is considering that it is a 4.3oz pot.

One of the benefit of this hard wax is that you can pop it out of the pot and load it much easier to a pad if you choose to machine apply (which I have yet to do)

2) A little goes a long way! I would equate that statement to the statement made (and the reality of) Collonite #845. I've made the mistake early on to load up the applicator and go crazy as I normally do with regular paste wax. You can't and should not do that unless you want to buff out the residue for a while (and waste a lot of product).

3) WOWO!. I've experimented with both the "wax on wipe off", as well as, the "let it haze" method and either method produces the same results. My normal mode though is to wax the whole car and walk away to go drink a Gatorade. I don't know if it is just because I live in South Louisiana (heat and humidity) but I have yet to see a true hazing from the product (no finger swipe test for me so far... maybe during winter months?). I would also like to share that a warm panel does help spread the product easier (which is never a problem for me in the deep South)

4) In the sun or in the shade! I've used the wax in the sun and in the shade, and was amazed. It is so counter-intuitive to wax in direct sunlight, but it was fun! (and worked on my tan!).

Could I compare it to anything I have tried? It does remind me of some fancy hard European wax I had tried "back in the days" (as far as the hard dense texture), but that "old wax" was a pain to remove because it dried as hard as a turtle shell. Son1cwax did not dry and was easy to remove. I do have to admit that when I "loaded" the panel (using too much product) it was a pain to remove, but a little adjusting to my heavy handed technique helped a lot..... and the trick shared by Drew of using a QD spritz made it even easier to wipe off (not that you could not wipe it off without the QD). Did I mention that the wax smell ridiculously good?

In terms of looks and bead and shedding, Son1cwax is very comparable compare to my experience with Pete 53 or CG5050. Durability on the other hand goes to Son1cwax (see previous review). Your mileage may and will vary since I am dealing with a rather harsh climate for any paste wax (heat, humidity, torrential downpour, chemicals spraying (sugarcane industry) etc....), but mark my word when I say that it will exceed your expectation of an all natural wax. The only way to improve on that is to go hybrid!.

I hope this answers your question!

https://www.facebook.com/FlawlessFinishDetailing
    Dr. Claude Tremblay, Co-owner/Senior Detailer, Certified CQuartz FINEST Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Been following the other thread very closely for a long time (even though I never posted in it) and bought a pot to show my support.
    Having used both paste and liquid waxes, I actually prefer paste waxes believe it or not, and I love products that smell good so really excited to finally trying this out after reading about the process and different prototypes for so many months

Post Thanks / Like

Dr Pain,I had not seen or read any reviews on this wax but thank you for your review. I am now more tempted to buy especially when you say that removal was easy. The AG house brands all share an ease of removal which is something that the British waxes(Bouncer's, and AF) do not. Exception being DODO and Illusion. Thanks again for the review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoparAddict View Post
    I just ordered one for myself, I can't wait to try it! Congratulations on your amazing achievement!
    Thank you sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodylax View Post

Gotta support the little guys!
    For a lot of reasons...
    Thank you for the support sir!
    We found #11 .... thanks for sharing, and supporting "the little guys"!!

One question does come to mind looking at the second picture. Is the Chockwork Orange pot 100ml or the content?

From just the look of it, it almost looks like the Son1cwax is double the amount of product !?! It would be nice to see an independent volumetric quantification on both pots/content. I would hate for Drew to have mislabeled his wax @ 4.3oz based on faulty information from the pot manufacturer (if indeed the Chockwork Orange pot is 100ml (3.3814oz))
    My wax ends up coming to 4-4.3 oz ~120+ ml as it's much harder to pin point the pours of large batches, essentially I'm trying to pack as much wax as I can into the container for the end user!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goodylax View Post
    I also noticed that the Sonic wax is noticeably larger and feels denser/ heavier. A Bouncer's style pour! To the brim
    Always! I try to include as much wax as possible.
    Although SON1C Wax Carnaubavore is ~4+ oz it weighs over 7 ounces, so when I say it is loaded with carnauba -- I mean it!
    Well BLOW ME DOWN!!!!

SON1C Wax Carnaubavore

Quote Originally Posted by FUNX725 View Post
    I agree with you Dr. Pain...
    As well as share in the below sentiments of Mike, found in the link you provided above!!!

Fantastic!!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    What does this wax compare to in regard to ease of use, looks and durability? Is it a WOWO or a wipe on and wait to haze? Any comparisons to the other pastes sold here?
    I will let some others chime in, however it is a unique wax. It is an all natural wax, which there are zero other all natural waxes stocked at AG to my understanding.
    Many people find their own preferred way of use for Carnaubavore, I apply it thinly in circular motions (can be by bare hand, foam or microfiber applicator, or by machine) let it "haze" (it does not haze like typical waxes) for 10-15 minutes and then proceed to grab a quality microfiber towel, spritz it with QD or similar product and buff off excess wax.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    That's awesome! Congrats DREW! Hard work does pay off
    thank you

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast