autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

"New" Adam's Polisher

So, I went and re-watched the "Choosing Your Machine" video to see if I was mistaken. These are the 3 DIRECT / EXACT quotes from the video regarding the PC 7424 XP:

1. "If you have a dark colored vehicle, I would definitely stay away from the Porter Cable, because it's very difficult to get a perfect finish with the Porter Cable"

2. "It only orbits"

3. "You don't want to do more than a panel or two at a time or it will shake your hands off the ends of your wrist"

Then they go on to tell you not to use a rotary, but to use 4" pads on a DRILL. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

"New" Adam's Polisher

Double post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: "New" Adam's Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by SYMAWD View Post
    They always pushed the Flex as being better and being able to achieve better correction faster and in their Vol 7 videos they only recommend speed 5 for the PC as the vibrations are lower.
    The point Swanicyouth and others, including myself, are trying to make is that Adams, when selling the PC7424, did not disclose the following:

1. The machine should not be purchased by people with dark vehicles.

2. You won't be able to polish more than one or two panels at a time.

These are Adam's opinions per his own video promoting the Cyclo. If this is how he truly felt when promoting the PC7424 didn't he owe full disclosure to his customers?

I think most people on this forum are aware that speed five vibrates less than speed six and the flex will finish faster than a PC or equivalent. I reviewed volume seven when he was machine polishing the Corvette and he spread the product on speed five and polished on speed six and I did not hear any comments about the vibration issue nor did I hear a comment that it would take days to finish the vehicle due to the excessive vibration.

I certainly have no problem with Adam switching to the Cyclo from the PC7424 but he did not have to denigrate the PC7424 in his video. An astute businessman would have merely stated he was switching to the Cyclo as it is 100% American made.

Post Thanks / Like

Form your own conclusions guys. If you watch the whole series you would might change your opinions. They go on and show that the PC does spin and that it does correct just as well. In past videos they did say that the PC vibrated a lot.

I don't love or hate Adam's products, I just feel that you guys are getting the wrong idea.

Post Thanks / Like

That's an old video. The current official videos you can clearly see how he keeps the pad rotating. In the other Vol 8 video using the old polishes Dylan clearly explains how you need to keep the pad rotating because if not, it's not doing any cutting. I tried to find them but I guess they took it down to replace it with videos using the new polishes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMyD61t2fXA]Adam's Polishes Guide to Machine Polishing Chapter 7 Porter Cable with Microfiber Pads - YouTube[/video]

And here at the start he explains why they are not selling the PC on their site anymore and it's not because it doesn't finish well on black paint.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMyD61t2fXA]Adam's Polishes Guide to Machine Polishing Chapter 7 Porter Cable with Microfiber Pads - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

And the part about the vibration, it's his personal preference using the PC on 5 rather than 6. He has said if you can handle the vibration on speed 6, by all means go for it.

They say if you want to to go for perfect then you can use the drill for the deep scratches and they reiterate that you need to be careful with it, not apply too much pressure, keep it moving because it will heat up quickly, and follow it up with a pc because it will leave holograms. They tell you to practice safe technique with it, they don't just tell you to use the drill at will like you seem to imply.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I was also an Adam's "fanboy" at one time too. When I was new to detailing and reading their forum it seemed everyone loves their products and there is no better product on the market. I ordered a bunch of their products and was overall happy with them (I didn't know what REALLY good products are yet).

I came to realize that there are much better products out there for the money and their forums are moderated by the Gestapo and you won't find a single mediocre or negative review on their forums.

I did send a bunch of stuff back like their polishes, pads (7" pads for a porter cable? lol), and super sealant. I did receive the 110% money back from them but it was NOT simple like send it back and just get 110% back. I had to call in twice about my return and I was accused that "sometimes customers of ours are hard up for money and return our products because they need money, we are trying to figure out exactly why you are not happy with particular products"

I had to go on and explain that using Meg's 101 mixed with D300 and Menzerna SF4000 for Polish with 5" CCS pads I got a MUCH better finish with only a 2 step process compared to their 3 step process. I had to go down the list and defend each and every return with the product that I compared it to like this. Their customer service was very nice in the past but while trying to return I didn't have the greatest experience where I felt talked down to a little bit and I had to defend the technique that I used with their products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandPlaya View Post

their forums are moderated by the Gestapo and you won't find a single mediocre or negative review on their forums.
    Not true anymore if it used to be true. Go search for my Total Interior Detailer review on there. I can't stand that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by af90 View Post
    I'm sure Junkman left may have had something to do with Adam's dropping him from their website.
    And THAT would be wrong. Just a FYI.
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by swanicyouth View Post
    Did anyone see Adams dumped the PC and is now pushing the "Adams" Cyclo, complete with a red Adams handle. The funny thing is I was watching a video on their site where they say "if you have a dark colored car, you want to stay away from a PC". Really? Isn't a Cyclo doing the same exact thing a PC is doing, but with 4" pads x 2 ?

I just thought it was funny and had to mention it someplace. Where was that "PC caution" when they where selling it for X # of years? How does that even begin to make sense when tons of detailer have been using a PC type DA polisher for years to finish with on all types of paints with great success?

They say the dumped it because its "Made in China" which goes against their buisness practices. But then go on to push the Flex 3401, which is made in Germany, in the SAME video - but gloss right over that. They don't want to lose jobs to Chinese people, but are OK loosing them to Germans?

I encourage you all to watch the videos and form your own conclusions.
    You are a thinking man. Common sense runs in your veins. If you have watched any of my videos, you know that I strive on common sense. Never allow anyone to talk you out of what your gut is trying to tell you. That is how people become victims of those who want to take advantage of them.

I salute your common sense.
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast