autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seriously

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously

I took my daughter to the Acura dealership today to pick up my wife's car. I parked where there were no cars. Walk out and there is a chip on my door handle. Go in and find the driver. It's a black woman with 2 kids. She wants to start getting loud with me...first telling me that I wasn't even parked there when she parked. I had already opened the back door on their vehicle just to be 100% sure it was them. Yep. Then one of her kids tells her my car was there. Then of course they didn't do it. I heard her ask her kids who got out that side...then she asked him if he hit my car with the door. The kid was about 6 and I hear him quietly say "I don't know" Then she starts yelling at me that her kids said they didn't do it. I got right back in her face and told her that wasn't what he said. I finally told her I was going to call the cops and let them decide. Then she says she doesn't have time to wait. I told her she better not move the vehicle. Finally the cops get there and the officer has her unlock the vehicle...slowly opens the door and saw it was a perfect match. The officer just closed the door and looked at her like "are you %^$# stupid?? lol

Then the woman's whole demeanor changed. Bottom line she's paying to get my car fixed. She could have saved us both a lot of frustration if she just would have admitted that it happened and apologized.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Seriously

Good job, I hate people who are inconsiderate of peoples' car next to them. I always open my door slowly to not ding the other car next to me no matter how good/bad the condition of the other car is. I do not mess with other peoples' cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, that sucks. Sorry you had to go through that. I don't know why people can't have some integrity. She had to have known, because it the door hit your car hard enough to leave a chip, it had to have to made a pretty decent "thud" when it happened. As a father, I unfortunately know what that sound's like. My son, he's 3, did that with his door a few weeks ago. I wrote a note and placed it on the windshield with my contact info. The lady contacted me and said that it was ok because I was honest with her.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got the whole thing taking care of. some people these days have no respect for other's property and their attitude is like... "if it's not mine, who cares". i have no patience when it comes to situations like this and i work hard for my belongings, and no one is going to damage or take it away from me...

Post Thanks / Like

I do the same. I can't stand people that think if the yell and scream they are going to get out of taking responsibility. I worked most of my life in retail and dealt with quite a few people like that. In the store I had to listen to it then take care of them...even when they were 100% in the wrong. It sure did feel good to be able stand up for what was right and give every bit of BS right back to her in the same tone she was giving it to me. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lunchboxmunchy View Post
    Dave, that sucks. Sorry you had to go through that. I don't know why people can't have some integrity. She had to have known, because it the door hit your car hard enough to leave a chip, it had to have to made a pretty decent "thud" when it happened. As a father, I unfortunately know what that sound's like. My son, he's 3, did that with his door a few weeks ago. I wrote a note and placed it on the windshield with my contact info. The lady contacted me and said that it was ok because I was honest with her.
    I know. I had tow of my son's lightly rear end people. One was a motorcycle, thankfully no one was hurt, in both cases we were very apologetic and explained we wanted to pay for the repair rather than turn it in to insurance. They were fine with that and we paid for the repairs and gave them a little extra for their troubles.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done. Nothing worse than inconsiderate people. Whats the quote on the paint fix?

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with kids realizes how this can happen. Great lesson for the kid. Unfortunately, that lady is trying to teach him that it's ok if you lie and get away with it. Good for you for sticking to your guns and getting the cops involved.
    Wax On!

Post Thanks / Like

I applaud you for doing what you did. People should pay for what they damage. Lying and telling excuses can only get you so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I took my daughter to the Acura dealership today to pick up my wife's car. I parked where there were no cars. Walk out and there is a chip on my door handle. Go in and find the driver. It's a black woman with 2 kids. She wants to start getting loud with me...first telling me that I wasn't even parked there when she parked. I had already opened the back door on their vehicle just to be 100% sure it was them. Yep. Then one of her kids tells her my car was there. Then of course they didn't do it. I heard her ask her kids who got out that side...then she asked him if he hit my car with the door. The kid was about 6 and I hear him quietly say "I don't know" Then she starts yelling at me that her kids said they didn't do it. I got right back in her face and told her that wasn't what he said. I finally told her I was going to call the cops and let them decide. Then she says she doesn't have time to wait. I told her she better not move the vehicle. Finally the cops get there and the officer has her unlock the vehicle...slowly opens the door and saw it was a perfect match. The officer just closed the door and looked at her like "are you %^$# stupid?? lol

Then the woman's whole demeanor changed. Bottom line she's paying to get my car fixed. She could have saved us both a lot of frustration if she just would have admitted that it happened and apologized.
    Better be glad you live in Texas. In Tennessee officers will not respond to parking lot accidents (private property)

I understand your frustration, but maybe you should show some mercy

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.