autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What about my boat?

Hi all,

I'm getting a new SeaRay runabout this weekend. Does anyone know of a site, similar to autogeeks, that caters to boat detailing. I have the PC but need to know what products to use.

Any info would be welcome.

thanks
    Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    Depending on the condition of your boat I have used some of the following. Klasse AIO, if the gelcoat is in very good shape. if not Megs has some nice products to remove oxidation. keep in mind that a boat has a thicker gelcoat and you need to be a more aggressive to obtain an awesome look. you might want to go the route of Meg #45 ( light polish ) or Meg #49 ( stronger polish) depending on the condition you are trying to restore. I like to finish with Collinite 885 ( same as 476 but a larger container) Collinite is very durable. here are the link to the AG page for both products. do you have any current pics of the finish ? let me know if you have any other questions.

Meguiars Marine Line

Collinite Wax Products

Post Thanks / Like
    First off..AG sells Marine products...

I would use collinite wax on the fiberglass....Duragloss marine protect ant on the plastics and vinyls...DG Marine soap washing it....Look at the Duragloss Marine line...they are very god products...they are all Aimed at Marine applications and environment...you may want to use the Marine sealant 501 and then top it with collinite..best of both worlds...

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    Brand New!!! And it looks great. I want to protect it though. It'll be stored on the trailer in the back yard for now, so I'll have to cover it. I want something to help in the UV area to keep the sides from fading.

Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

What about pads, etc. for the PC. Anything special?

Pat

Post Thanks / Like
    All the Duragloss stuff is UV loaded....you should not need any pads right away if it is new..but once needed get yellow green and white....if it every gets oxidized bad..your best bet will be wool and a rotary..but if you care for it and protect it...you should be fine...DG has a UV fortified Marine Detailer also for that extra pop and UV protection..has mildew inhibitors also...look at the line..you will see tons of good stuff for Marine Use....

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow a new boat ! glad to see you are taking care of it from the start. if you have the pads for your PC you can use a paint cleaner such as AIO etc to get the gelcoat clean and sparkling. I like a light finishing pad on a new boat.from there my choice is Collinite. to make it easier on your self you could use 845 on a black LC finishing pad to apply the wax. a gelcoat has the tendency absorb sealants so I would do as the other poster suggested and top your first layer with the durable Collinite, this works for me. I have used other combos that work well but you really can do well with the basics. if your finish was rough then a rotary and some serious polish would be needed. when you get if done post some pics for us. depending on the size of your boat, you will love how the pc can speed up applying a paint cleaner and even the 845 wax you will spend less time waxing and more time enjoying your ship, all the while knowing it is protected. oh yea, make sure to use something like 303 on the vinyl seats as they take a beating. having owned and detailed more than a few bassboats in my day, I can say you get out of them, what you put in. hope this helped you some

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer
    Hi all,

I'm getting a new SeaRay runabout this weekend. Does anyone know of a site, similar to autogeeks, that caters to boat detailing. I have the PC but need to know what products to use.

Any info would be welcome.

thanks
    Pat
    I almost bought a new SeaRay.

I'd recommend a coat of Klasse AIO and maybe a couple coats of Collinate #845.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...il-advise.html

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast