autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite / Least Favorite Memory from your first car?

It's nearing the end for good ole' Clifford, the big red Ford Explorer. 180,000 miles done, many more to go (for someone else). 30,000 miles over 3 years done by myself. I've finally located a car I like, want, and must have! A new to me, 2004 Infiniti M45. Going to put a hold on it tomorrow, and hope to drive it home next weekend.

All of this new car talk has me thinking of good times and bad, that I've had in this car since my senior year of High School. Whats your favorite memory? Least favorite?

I'll start.

Favorite - I was driving on Route 3 NB in MA with my best friend, Sean. I was in the fast lane doing about 80, when I felt something on my right hand (it was rested on the center console). Thinking he was being funny, I told him not to touch my hand, but he said he wasn't. I turned the lights on, and I saw a big nasty spider on my hand. My reaction? Throw it at him, since I'm extremely afraid of spiders. Turns out, so was he! So here we are, barreling down the highway, going in and out of the 3 lanes trying to find and kill the spider. Luckily, he found it, killed it, and tossed it out the window. I'll never forget laughing at it after!

Least favorite - (I have two I'll share) Went on break at work two weeks into ownership, battery was dead. Parents had to come jump the car. After calling the dealership, and a lot of yelling, we figured out I left my headlights on - Doh!

On my first 'not high school' date with a girl I'd only talked to online, I was pulled over because it turns out my registration had expired - 5 months prior... MA doesn't send out reminders anymore - budget reasons... Despite us not dating anymore, whenever we talk, this always comes up. Funny, but I really dislike that moment in time.

Who's next?
    2004 Infiniti M45 "Emmie"- Twilight Blue Pearl

2000 Ford Explorer "Clifford" - Toreador Red Metallic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Favorite / Least Favorite Memory from your first car?

I still have my first car (almost 6 years this coming november), but I like the thread idea and will post some of the many experiences, bad and good I've had with it. Oh, also its a 2002 Z24 Chevy Cavalier Coupe with now a little over 160,000.

Favorites - 1) It is my first car, first auto loan through my bank (only $3000). Big step for me straight out of high school.

2) I have learned everything I know (for the most part) from this car. Mechanically - I've replaced the engine at 150K mark, old engine throw a rod through the oil pan (got the car with nearly 115K). Electrical - I've installed countless items to my car to name. Some include aftermarket taillamps, HIDs, radar detector that turn on when car turns on, an aftermarket Kenwood double din radio etc etc. And of course detailing...I started my detailing love on it and continue to improve its looks.

Least Favorite - 1) Replacing the engine really sucked. Engine blew up when I was off at college. I towed it back in the freak ice blizzered of Illinois a few years back. Took me all winter break to save enough money to buy and replace the engine.

2) Wish the pervious owners would have taken care of it more.

3) I've had many near accidents in the car, a couple very scary, but thats not the cars fault. To be honest, I'm glad and proud she held up in these extreme situations.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    I had/have a 77 Olds 442 that was my first car. My mother bought it brand new in 1977 before she married my father. Since its been in the family longer than me I have a ton of memories in it. When I turned 16 she gave it to me to drive to school. While it was over 20 years old I still loved the sound when I'd start it up. Several that new new me would always ask if it was fast and I would laugh and say not at all. No one ever believed me really and they would talk and wonder how fast it really was. Most of high school the A/C didn't work but I'd roll the windows down even after I fixed it.

My worst memory was when I went out with some friends (without permission) and got a flat. While changing the tire I locked the keys in the truck. It wasn't fun calling home to get them to being a spare key. I was grounded for a month.

I loved the car but for the past year I've considered selling it. After ~ 260k miles and not driving it in years I think it's time to move on. I'll always have the memories and pictures

Post Thanks / Like

My soon to be first car is a 2004 audi a6 quattro. It has 25,000 miles on it and is maintained a huge amount. I remember detailing it one day and then spilling mickey Ds Iced tea into the mats and carpet =). So far it was a huge step in what it had been before. I hope to fix it up more so the swirls could be removed and the paint can be flawless
    Last edited by Bill1234; 07-22-2012 at 10:49 PM. Reason: add
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

My first vehicle was a 1994 Dodge Ram V8 Magnum I think. I only had it for a few months before trading it in. My favorite memory would have to be meeting my first love before I got the vehicle. I was 15 at the time. I also enjoyed just sitting in my truck and listening to music. I guess that's just because it was my first vehicle. I don't remember any bad memories.

I traded the Ram in after a few months in 2006, and my parents bought me a 2006 Chevy Colorado when I was 16. My favorite memories of it were when I was racing motocross all the time and also meeting my second love when I was 18 I believe. The first one was psycho hahahaha she really was. I don't think I can really remember any bad memories with it either.

In September 2011, I traded my Colorado for a 2012 Mustang. Favorite memories: it's awesome, fast, customizable, and I get a lot of compliments
    Least favorite memories: Hit a deer on Christmas Eve and caused $4000 in damage to the bumper, hood, windshield, quarter panel, and door. I got it fixed after a month or so then one of those politician signs that is cardboard with the small metal posts that holds it in the ground was in the road and flew up and put some big long scratches down the side. I guess that's about all the really bad memories.....Oh yeah not to forget almost going to jail and getting my car seized, losing my license, etc. for drag racing
    2012 black Mustang-Magnaflow axle-backs, Barton Short throw shifter and bracket, Airaid Cold Air Intake, American Muscle Tuner, Saleen bumper/grill combo, and HID's.

Post Thanks / Like

1986 Bronco II. I peeled back the water damaged carpet to find a large, rusted out section in the floor. Has yet to be fixed...

Post Thanks / Like

still have my first truck. currently on jack stands and bring rebuilt.

one memory comes to mind. I knew the exhaust was in need of replacement. I just wasnt sure how soon it would be needed.

I was driving through a wal-mart parking lot with my bike in the bed after a long day of riding, when my truck jumped! I thought I had hit a pothole, but it was just the massive OEM muffler falling out, wedging between the ground and rear axle; making the truck jump in the back.

Even at wal-mart, I was embarrassed.
    chris<pixelmonkey>

Post Thanks / Like

My first car was a 1962 Chevy Bel Air SW...basically the family's spare car. My dad originally bought it in 1966 when we were going to move and he wanted a car to haul stuff. After we moved it became my sister's daily driver until she could afford to buy a car...then it passed to me in 1968 when I got my drivers license.

My favorite memory? Two...I had a car! The second is how my buddies all laughed at it due to all the mismatched touch up paint on it...they said it looked like it had leprosy. I had the last laugh as I had a car and they were still riding bicycles.

My worst memory? You could always count on the car getting you where you wanted to go...but it often wouldn't start to get you home. That was a chronic issue and don't remember if it ever got fully resolved before we sold it.

I've occasionally thought it would be nice to have the car back...it would serve as the basis of a nice resto-mod.

Post Thanks / Like

I had many good memories in my 1997 Ford Taurus. I recieved it as my first car half way through high school. It was my moms car, she gave it to me and she bought a new car.

I cannot think of any single moment. But many good times were had blasting music with friends while going to the beach and such. Also got it on with my first GF in the back.

Bad moments. Realizing that it cost more to fix than it was worth. I really didn't want to get rid of it. But I didn't want to dump money into a turd. So I regretfully got rid of it and now I had my Altima.

There were some bad moments though. Like spinning out on the freeway off ramp because I was letting my friend steer while I did the pedals. She freaked out cause I accelerated on a turn and she let go. Car yanked to the right towards the bridge sidewall. So I yanked it left narrowly missing the wall and then slid sideways up onto the center curb divider. Thankfully there were no cars beside, behind, or in the incoming lane. Scared the #### out of us. We never did it again. It did bring us closer together though after. I cant really explain it, but it was a scary moment we went through together and came out fine... However, the right rear door never shut right after that. It couldnt create a seal, so rain water came inside.
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Memory-Pulling up to my high school parking lot for the first time in my first car 1995 Camaro Z28 flowmasters roaming and T-tops off everyone turning to see who it was.

Least Favorite- Messing with a Supra and hearing my transmission pop in my Z28. =( then having to pay to getting it fixed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast