autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I caught this SOB car salesman trying to pull a fast one...

Mustangs dont rust, its gm, remember the bailout you guys accepted. If Ford can sell without being bailed out its a much better company overall
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Get a TSX!
    Alex
    ...."Do the right thing...even when no one is looking"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkus View Post
    Get the new Camaro . It Looks much better...
    I could, but no way. I really like the way the 2013 Stangs look! I'm getting the brembo brake/wheel package, 3.73 rear axel options, and the 301A package(bluetooth, sync, etc). I don't think the Camaros are anything special, never have.
    '03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkus View Post
    They do look much better , thats why they are outselling the rustangs
    They are only outselling, in my opinion, because its a brand new generation of Camaro after having been dead for several years. The newness factor is the only thing helping that car. If I had the choice, I would take the Stang, no contest. The camaro and challenger are way to bloated. The stang isnt skinny either, but atleast it pulls it off without looking ugly. *puts flamesuit on*
    Jacob

Post Thanks / Like

I see etching pointless, if someone really wants your car what happens when they break the window bye bye identification.. Besides don't all new cars have VIN Body Tags on each panel? That is more secure than just the glass.

If you really want it buy the kit and do it yourself for $30: VINGUARD Do It Yourself VIN Window Etching and Body Panel Label Marking System

He will still make some commission on this deal regardless. I would nickel and dime him since he tried to screw you. Once you have the keys stop by talk to the manager on the way out and get his a$$ fired to teach him a lesson.

Post Thanks / Like
    Albeit it is annoying when dealing with the cliche and stereotypical car salesman, I would either accept what he is offering you and be happy or move on to a different dealership. Its unfortunate this instance came up, and we all know at some time this has happened to us where there was some small print we had to read or something we had to look at closely. I do not feel it justifiable to do anything malicious or brash to the salesperson though, you would be just showing how rude and unappreciative a customer can be. It could have been a honest mistake on his part or someone else's, or someone else's wrong doing, yet he will catch the blame for it. Thats like blaming a waiter for the cook's mistake, not really all that fair. Coming from years of customer service, sales and managerial experience, the nicer you are about the situation, the easier and better the outcome will be. I'm by no means telling you to "bend over", however I think being reserved and mild-mannered about the situation will allow you to make the mistake of trading in that incredibly awesome 370 for that mustang.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Why was the Energizer Bunny arrested?... He was charged with battery.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alko View Post
    Get a TSX!

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Wait! I know! Mirror, mirror against the grass, tell me who has kicked swirls' ass?
    http://Raskysautodetailing.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FivePoint.0 View Post
    I could, but no way. I really like the way the 2013 Stangs look! I'm getting the brembo brake/wheel package, 3.73 rear axel options, and the 301A package(bluetooth, sync, etc). I don't think the Camaros are anything special, never have.
    yea everyone and their moms have one lol. Stick with the Stang man! Is it a 5.0? or is a GT different?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alko View Post
    Get a TSX!
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_10 View Post
    Albeit it is annoying when dealing with the cliche and stereotypical car salesman, I would either accept what he is offering you and be happy or move on to a different dealership. Its unfortunate this instance came up, and we all know at some time this has happened to us where there was some small print we had to read or something we had to look at closely. I do not feel it justifiable to do anything malicious or brash to the salesperson though, you would be just showing how rude and unappreciative a customer can be. It could have been a honest mistake on his part or someone else's, or someone else's wrong doing, yet he will catch the blame for it. Thats like blaming a waiter for the cook's mistake, not really all that fair. Coming from years of customer service, sales and managerial experience, the nicer you are about the situation, the easier and better the outcome will be. I'm by no means telling you to "bend over", however I think being reserved and mild-mannered about the situation will allow you to make the mistake of trading in that incredibly awesome 370 for that mustang.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    It wasn't a mistake as the salesman clearly told me before I went to finance that the $395 was the "security package". I didn't question it until I saw it on the actual sales contract. He was VERY well aware of what he was doing!
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast