autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ever See a 6' 280 lb Man Cry?

I have owned my 2012 Camaro for less than 3 weeks. I clayed it, took the PC and polished it, took the PC and sealed it, I massaged 2 coats of $100 a jar wax. As a noob to pro-type detailing this took me days to accomplish. The car looks awesome! I was proud!

Last night while driving to work some lowlife scumbag thought it was a good idea to chuck a rock off of the freeway overpass and tried to take out my windshield. The R-Tard missed by 2 inches and caved in the roof. I didn't stop because I initially thought someone was shooting at me.

The car has 500 miles on it and the first pament isn't due until 4/2. A gal at work who used to appraise collision damage advised me if ANY Bondo goes on the car I should tell the adjuster that I refuse to accept a new car with bondo on it and that I should get a replacement vehicle.

What do you think?

The name is Hammer.. Hammer St. James. I'm not a doctor, but I play one on T.V.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ever See a 6' 280 lb Man Cry?

I almost cried when I read your story too

now I'm mad as heck
    I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.
    ~Tim

Post Thanks / Like

If you have a good insurance company they wont send you to a place that will put bondo on the car.
    You can always take the check the insurance company and take your car to the dealer to repair, have them order a brand new roof. You may have some $$ out of pocket, but at least you have the peace of mind that its as good as new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes me want to vomit.

Post Thanks / Like

you have the option to use factory parts. that will get you the best fit

Post Thanks / Like

Two words come to mind; Well Done or Extra Crispy .....OK, that's four....

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like

Scary stuff! Be greatfull that brick didn't hit you in the forehead

You have little choice then to have it repaired. Find a quality bodyshop and let them know up front how anal you can be regarding your whip
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

How bad is the actual *paint* damage? A really good PDR (paintless dent removal) guy can quite possibly get the metal itself back to perfect. They don't just correct the contour of the metal, they correct the reflection. If the paint itself just has light scratches in the clear, well "that'll buff right out." The key is can the PDR guy get to the dent with his tools based on the actual location of the dent. And of course, the damage being mostly limited to the dent itself with only superficial damage to the clear. Other than insurance buying you a brand new car, I think this would be the best possible remedy because factory paint and existing sheet would be preserved.

I'm really sorry this happened to you.

Post Thanks / Like

Well that suck for sure. Glad you weren't hurt though. I boggles my mind to think some people find throwing rocks off an overpass at cars is "fun".

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

you should post a pic of the damage, so that the forum can better access how to go about remedying the situation.
    in the mean time i would get it appraised at the dealership, then hand their findings over to the insurance company.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.