autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unpacking Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Still waiting. Departed Salt Lake City yesterday and still showing delivery for today. Don't think that'll happen.
    Weird I got mine first

It left SLC and then hit 2 stops in Washington State but was a day early

I also noticed on the tracking update that it mentioned Amazon somehow

I know the company has an Amazon store so I guess Amazon has their fingers in every slice of the pie, even if you don’t buy from them

I don’t think we need to worry about Skynet taking over

I think Amazon will beat them to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

3. Likes Big Dave, DanaDetailingPros liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New test subject.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

5. Likes BudgetPlan1, DFB, chilly, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    (picture of SPTA foam bobs)
    Thanks for posting that! I have one of those Milwaukee "Dremels" and those look like they will come in handy for wheels, I'm going to get some.

7. Likes DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The EGO stubby nozzle showed up on Friday. I moved the Blower Band I had on my stubby nozzle co nozzle over to the new EGO nozzle.

9. Likes chilly, DFB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s been almost a couple of weeks since I’ve had this new 40 degree nozzle 4.0 orifice to replace the 2.0 nozzle on my Ryobi.

Initially I was having a hard time telling them apart and I kinda felt like the 2.0 was better overall and I’m still not fully convinced the results are better with this new nozzle.

1 thing though, I at least know for sure this 4.0 is producing more water flow vs. 2.0 based on the weight in a bucket after 1min. of flow.

2.0 = 12lbs.
    4.0 = 14lbs.

I’m still not convinced it rinses any better though. I’ve also heard a video where JoshV says that you don’t want to get a 4.0 nozzle if you’re using a Ryobi or similar PW but he didn’t explain why… It seems to perform exactly like the 2.0 with more water flow even though I can’t tell when using it. I wonder why he said that.

Also: There’s no way to tell this new nozzle is 4.0 since there’s no marking on it to indicate the orifice. Not on the nozzle or even the packaging. Pretty dumb for them to do that especially since they sell different sizes and they’re all the same color.

11. Likes chilly, SNP209 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    It’s been almost a couple of weeks since I’ve had this new 40 degree nozzle 4.0 orifice to replace the 2.0 nozzle on my Ryobi.

Initially I was having a hard time telling them apart and I kinda felt like the 2.0 was better overall and I’m still not fully convinced the results are better with this new nozzle.

1 thing though, I at least know for sure this 4.0 is producing more water flow vs. 2.0 based on the weight in a bucket after 1min. of flow.

2.0 = 12lbs.
    4.0 = 14lbs.

I’m still not convinced it rinses any better though. I’ve also heard a video where JoshV says that you don’t want to get a 4.0 nozzle if you’re using a Ryobi or similar PW but he didn’t explain why… It seems to perform exactly like the 2.0 with more water flow even though I can’t tell when using it. I wonder why he said that.

Also: There’s no way to tell this new nozzle is 4.0 since there’s no marking on it to indicate the orifice. Not on the nozzle or even the packaging. Pretty dumb for them to do that especially since they sell different sizes and they’re all the same color.
    My stock Greenworks nozzles aren’t marked either which makes it hard to really know where to start, or if I should even be tinkering at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

2.0 = 12lbs.
    4.0 = 14lbs.

I went looking for that nozzle on their website but couldn't find it. Usually, the nozzle tip will have the spray angle and orifice size stumped on it. For example, the below tip is stamped with 25 0 45, which means 25-degree pattern, 4.5 orifice. You could otherwise write both on the nozzle using a paint pen.

14. Likes SNP209, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

2.0 = 12lbs.
    4.0 = 14lbs.

The ridge washer set I bought from amazon have the size stamped on the nozzle. I think I provided the link earlier in this thread.

As for the 4.0 feeling similar to the 2.0 despite clearly flowing better, my guess is you just lost too much pressure.

The idea is to maximize flow while keeping as much pressure as possible. Your ryobi unit would probably flow about just as much with a 3.0 nozzle and provide much more desirable psi.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DFB View Post
    I went looking for that nozzle on their website but couldn't find it. Usually, the nozzle tip will have the spray angle and orifice size stumped on it. For example, the below tip is stamped with 25 0 45, which means 25-degree pattern, 4.5 orifice. You could otherwise write both on the nozzle using a paint pen.

OK, I must have slept through class one day and missed this so sorry in advance for asking remedial questions

In the example above, what does 4.5 actually stand for?

Is it just a reference number or an actual measurement referencing something?

What I am getting at is how can you physically measure the orifice if the tip is not marked?

Wire drill size?

Metric drill size?

I hope you get what I am trying to ask

I haven't had enough coffee yet

Page 939 of 948 FirstFirst ... 439839889929930931932933934935936937938939940941942943944945946947948 LastLast