autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Got the new website up!! Check it out and leave feedback please!!

Hey everyone, just put my new website up for my new business. Starting out location based then moving to mobile once i start building that customer base. Take a look and let me know what you all think. feedback is most appreciated!!!

WWW.MotorMouthDetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got the new website up!! Check it out and leave feedback please!!

looks good, just a few thoughts from an SEO guy. Please dont take these as criticism but just an outsiders thoughts

- remove the intro splash page, many users looking for a service want the meat and potatoes quickly so they can make a decision faster
    - the main paragraph on your index, break it into 2 paragraphs.

just some things to consider once you get traction on steady clients

- add a mailing list where users can enter their email address so you can send "VIP" style only specials. Everyone loves a deal right?

just my $0.02

continued good luck

matt

Post Thanks / Like

Your prices are way cheap. Engine detailing should be alot more then $10. Same goes for bike ($50)

The menu is confusing to me

Drop that "Full Monty" phrase and just call it a Gold Package or Full Detail
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

well the prices are so cheap because after calling around some of the detail shops in my area, they all have specials going on right now. im about 20 bucks cheaper then avg out of about 5 shops. once the specials go away then ill bump them back up a bit. It was 175 for a full detail and that includes a discount on the full package. Im kinda pricing myself out to what the competition is at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Your prices are way cheap. Engine detailing should be alot more then $10. Same goes for bike ($50)

Post Thanks / Like

engine detailing is 40. but i agree, the motorcycle should def be a little higher

Post Thanks / Like

couldnt really find anybody who details bikes. what the normal rate usually?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the previous posts. Way tooooo cheap! A 3 step polishing for us start at $250.00. You don't want to have your prices so low as to where potential customers would be questioning the quality. You may be running your detail out of your home, but you still need to treat it as a fully functional business. Be as professional as you can.

Also, as a side note...... I don't know where you'll be operating but, in many residential areas there are strict laws about water run-off and home base businesses. I would do some checking to see what laws your area has in place before you go "Full Monte!"

Hope you have a very successful business! Keep us all posted on how things are progressing for you..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hemi ram55 View Post
    well the prices are so cheap because after calling around some of the detail shops in my area, they all have specials going on right now. im about 20 bucks cheaper then avg out of about 5 shops. once the specials go away then ill bump them back up a bit. It was 175 for a full detail and that includes a discount on the full package. Im kinda pricing myself out to what the competition is at the moment.
    Doesn't matter what your competition charges as long as your better then them and promote yourself in a way they can't or won't
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with Flash, and the person who said scratch the intro.

Your prices are LOW LOW LOW. Especially when you have a 3 step polish for $65!!!?? It's one thing to be competitive in the beginning, but holy smokes man...you are gonna tire yourself out for just 65 small dollars.

Any 3 step in my shop is absolutely no less than $300, and can go up to $700 depending on the current condition of the paint. I'm not trying to criticize...just trying to give you an idea of what maybe you could be getting instead of $65.

For $65 I wouldn't even do a Wash & Wax. In fact, the only service I have for that cheap is a spruce up, and that's just a quick express clean up. I don't even consider it to be a detail by any means. Just a wam bam thank you mam type of deal.

Maybe check out some other members sites, and see what they charge roughly...then go off of that. It's gonna be tough to cover the overhead with prices like what you have so far. Charge what you're worth buddy.

Post Thanks / Like

adjust price please, be competitive but for sure not cost leadership...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast