autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Anybody seen Cloverfield?

I can't decide weather to see it or not...wondering if it got a little over-hyped and doesn't really live up to it.
    Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody seen Cloverfield?

I have not seen it. Keep that in mind
    We discussed it in my film class, the general concensious is that the hand held was over done, casuing people to get sick. The people who said they sat at the front felt worse then the ones sitting at the back... and yes a fw people threw up.

As for the movie, it got mixed reviews. Most liked it but those who did not hated it... sorry im not much help

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it this past weekend. Overall, I thought it was a decent movie. Not completely sure it was worth the 9 bucks, though. It does a good job at keeping you on the edge of your seat and the comic relief is pretty good. However, as stated, the hand held is a bit much in more than a few spots. Also, to me, the plot seemed fairly predictable. Just make sure you pay close attention to the final scene. It shows how everything got started.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Saw it last Saturday. I liked it. yes, the camera work can cause motion sickness.

But that's how the story is told. It wouldn't make sense if it was shot differently.

Can't say if it's over hyped or not. I missed all the hype but when I saw it was Bad Robot, I knew I wanted to see it. I had no real expectations for the movie to live up or down too.

It definately did not feel like a prototypical Hollywood movie, which is a good thing in my mind.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorta like Blairwitch meets Godzilla wait till DVD.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it about Godzilla, my wifey thought so ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek View Post
    Is it about Godzilla, my wifey thought so ....
    Nothing like Godzilla, makes that Godzilla movie look like el crapo, then again it was a horrible movie to begin with. Cloverfield f'n rocks, the one thing people miss is that this is not a "monster" movie per say, as JJ Abrams explains, its more so focused on the group/people involved directly and how that plays out. The way it was filmed was unreal, mainly b/c it put you right in the action, I mean when their fighting the monster on the streets, its nutz and seems so realistic. The movie was setup to be different from movies of that nature, something new, and the creature itself is completely new and a Bad MoFo, it would b!tchslap Godzilla lol.

Some funny commentary as well

Heck even Rottentomatoes who is brutal on movies, especially ones of this nature, gave it a great review.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like

I only heard good reviews. I'll wait till the DVD come out.

I just hate paying all that money for the theater now. Getting out out hand.
    In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like

good show, go see it.

excellent twist on a monster movie. now lots of speculation on the web about whether or not a sequel will appear

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by _M_ View Post
    good show, go see it.

excellent twist on a monster movie. now lots of speculation on the web about whether or not a sequel will appear
    Between the ending and "its still alive"....better be a damn sequel
    The real WyStang:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.