autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought My Dream Car

After months of research and a some phone/email communication with the dealer, I finally pulled the trigger on my dream car! I picked the car up yesterday and absolutely love it! The dealer was phenomenal and it was honestly the best experience I had in car buying. The car is a used 2016 F-Type AWD in glacier white 1500 miles. I have 3.5 years left of the factory warranty, with the option to extend this prior to 24k miles, and 3.5 years remaining on the free scheduled maintenance. The dealer gave me the "platinum" protection as well, 5 years of key replacement, windshield repair, roadside assistance, dent and ding repair, wheel repair or replacement, and tire repair.

As a side note: For anyone looking into vehicle financing, I would check out Penfed Credit Union. I only found them through my research, they have low rates on traditional loans and also offer a payment saver loan. The payment saver is basically a lease but you own the car, no restrictions. You can take out up to a 5 year loan with this option. I went with this, I have 59 payments then the 60th is a ballon payment. I can either refinance through them or another bank, trade the car in/sell the car and simply pay them the difference. I was told they make the residual amount very conservative, most people pocket money after Penfed is paid off. Instead of putting a huge down payment down I am saving that for the 60th payment, if I keep the car that long. I get to keep some money in an interest earning account, pay off the car or use that for a future car. Again a little off topic but I suspect that this may be an option for some people here who blow through cars or traditionally lease them. In my case the dealer would have leased the used 2016, but the lease was actually more per month than my payment at Penfed to own the car without mileage restrictions. The only "catch" you must belong to a military family to join the credit union for free, if not, anyone can join with a 15 dollar donation to a charity that assists our vets. I think that is a great way to help out, so I didn't mind at all.

Now for the car!

I need to take some better picture, but I spent most of yesterday driving the car, pictures will need to wait The exhaust sound on this car is what I imagine Ulysses experienced with the sirens. I smiled every second I was in the car, best of all the wife loves the car too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bought My Dream Car

Sweet!!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards.

Post Thanks / Like

... and a garage to keep it in! Awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Sharp car, congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously classy car!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Sexy Sexy car for sure. You'll love it. My son (age 13) is just starting to get interested in cars and really likes them. He's seen a couple at track days with me and it's one of his top picks. Funny thing is we were just watching some videos of them last night.

Time to update your avatar!
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats from an F-Pace owner, F-Type is on my list!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    Congrats! Sexy Sexy car for sure. You'll love it. My son (age 13) is just starting to get interested in cars and really likes them. He's seen a couple at track days with me and it's one of his top picks. Funny thing is we were just watching some videos of them last night.

Time to update your avatar!
    I fell in love already, and your son is a smart young man and has great taste in cars! I need to get the will power to take a good avatar picture, when I go out to the car I want to drive it instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karl1672 View Post
    Congrats from an F-Pace owner, F-Type is on my list!
    The F Pace is a sharp car, my wife has an outback and that is our family car, no kids but two pit bulls. The F-type wouldn't fit two dogs Bought My Dream Car. When we went to the dealer she commented on how nice the F Paces are. Just curious what sold you on the F Pace, if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Wrong!

You bought my dream car and it is time to bring it back

Absolutely one of the best looking coupes on the road. Congrats!

That payment/loan schedule is a cool idea. Can you give us a hypothetical on monthly payments and final balloon payment? I don't want to know how much you payed but just want to get an idea of how big the final payment is.

Come on, not one mention of what you are going to put on your paint. I'd be too busy driving it too Keep us posted.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast