autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

The Boss is Here - Menzerna FG-400 Has Arrived!

The Boss is Here - Menzerna FG-400 Has Arrived!

What a better way to kick off a Friday! We received a special shipment from Germany today (no, it wasn't a 52 foot trailer filled with FLEX polishers) that consisted of the new Menzerna Fast Gloss FG-400 Compound.

Menzerna Fast Gloss 400 Compound (FG400) is the long anticipated new compound from Menzerna Polishing Compounds that was designed to deliver the fast cutting action of a compound with the finish and workability of a polish. Menzerna Fast Gloss 400 Compound will quickly become an asset to the professional reconditioning industry with its ability to effortlessly remove 1200 grit sanding marks, heavy scratches, swirls and oxidation on all paint systems while leaving a high gloss finish that is not typically expected from a compound.

Menzerna Polishing Compounds made it clear to their engineers during the early development stages of Fast Gloss 400 Compound; this compound needed to have a tremendous amount of cut while finishing out better than most medium-cut polishes. Most challenging of all, it had to be user friendly so beginners and professionals alike could reap the benefits. It was a feat to overcome but the masterminds at Menzerna successfully came through and the result is the long-anticipated Fast Gloss 400 Compound; a true compound that finishes better than most medium-cut polishes. What’s more, Fast Gloss 400 Compound delivers a working time that will put a smile on the faces of professional detailers.

What does this mean for you? Another new cutting edge compound to add to your arsenal of detailing supplies. If you've already pre-ordered a bottle (or two ) it will be shipping out shortly.

Menzerna Fast Gloss Compound (FG-400) 16 oz.

Menzerna Fast Gloss Compound (FG-400) 32 oz.

Menzerna Fast Gloss Compound (FG-400) 128 oz.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Boss is Here - Menzerna FG-400 Has Arrived!

Ok, let me be the first to ask. Is it a SMAT abrasive that allows the "feat" of having a "tremendous amount of cut while finishing out better than most medium-cut polishes"?

Post Thanks / Like

How does this differ from FG500 besides being available in the US?
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

When can we expect to be able to buy it, without pre ordering?

Post Thanks / Like

Another question here - is FG400 designed to work with a DA poilsher as well?

Mike Phillips

Just got off the phone with Jeff Silver, the President of Menzerna U.S.A.

I told him about this thread and how there's a lot of excitement and questions about the product and here's the skinny...

The new 400 Fast Gloss Compound is rated at being able to remove down to #1200 grit sanding marks, my guess is that because this is a Pro Grade product, that is the original market this product is formulated for and intended to be sold into and used is is primarily body shops where they are sanding and buffing on FRESH PAINT that means the #1200 grit level statement applies to fresh paint, not cured paint or factory paint.

This is an important distinction because it's a lot easier to remove ANY scratch pattern out of fresh/soft paint than it is cured/hard paint.

It gets it's cutting ability from primarily higher quality, more expensive abrasive technology together with a chemical cutter.

Now follow me on this, there's less abrasives by volume in the FG 400 Fast Gloss Compound than in both FG 500 and PG 1000 PowerGloss Compound. Yet it cuts faster with less dusting and finishes better due to the,

• Quality of abrasive technology
    • Quality of chemical cutter
    • Precise control over abrasive particle size

Besides that, Jeff says it's the investment of a lot of laboratory work and engineering behind the product that resulted in this new compound formula.

The low and lack of dusting issue is directly related to the lower volume of abrasives, less abrasives equals less dusting. The cut and finish ability is achieved through higher quality abrasives with uniform particle size and distribution within the complex emulsion mix.

Is it SMAT or DAT? Menzerna isn't' saying. Anything you read or hear from anyone else is speculation and in my opinion in not relevant because in the big picture you're going to pour out a bead of product onto the paint to use with a rotary buffer or apply some to the face of the pad on a DA Polisher and get to work.

How it's made is certainly interesting and I'm always just as curious as the next guy about abrasive technology, a case can even be made that I'm more curious. But at the end of the day the only really important factor is the results you achieve and the performance of the product, not what's in the bottle.

My buddy Carlos is bringing me a black car today and I'm going to do a little test spot using a few different tools and pads and is the norm I'll take some video and some pictures and share them on the forum.

Anyone want to take a guess on what kind of black car?

One thing's for sure though... I'm going to put this new compound to the test and share my findings...

I like Menzerna polishes and my hopes are high that this is going to be a great new addition to their line.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Mc'lovin View Post
    Another question here - is FG400 designed to work with a DA polisher as well?

Yes, my understanding is that it can be used with any tool and when my black victim car gets here I'll test out the below with multiple pads...

Flex PE14
    Flex 3401
    Griot's DA Polisher

How's that?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    How does this differ from FG500 besides being available in the US?
    U.S. V.O.C. compliant
    More advanced abrasive technology
    More advanced chemical cutter technology
    More engineering behind the formula

Post Thanks / Like

Might have to include some of this in my next order - my M105 is basically gone.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Yes, my understanding is that it can be used with any tool and when my black victim car gets here I'll test out the below with multiple pads...

Flex PE14
    Flex 3401
    Griot's DA Polisher

How's that?

Definitely Looking forward!!!
    Thanks

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast