autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New Guy from CT

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

New Guy from CT

Well I'm Mike D and I get respect, your polish and your compound is what I expect.

Well now that I got that out of the way, my name is Mike and I am from an itty bitty town in CT called Thompson. I have an obssesion with keeping my vehicles clean and shiny.

I started this obsession as a young boy and loved to put a good ol' thick coat of turtle wax on my parents cars which I would then remove with an old tshirt. Then as I progressively got older and got my licensce I no longer cared for a clean car as much as I did taking my newly aqquired 98 Subaru Legacy GT down logging trails and beating the snot out of it. Not to mention dancing on the hood of it at rock concerts.

I then eventually got a job at a Subaru dealership as a tech. Business got slow and they stuck me in the recon area. I then reignited my passion with cleaning cars as I would ::gasp:: scrub them clean with a brush that was rinsed out only at the start of my shift and we used the same bucket of soap all day long.

As I began to enjoy my work I really wanted to learn how to use a buffer since I always wanted to use one since I was a kid leaving Turtle wax streaks on my parents cars. We had a Dewalt 849 that sat in the cabinet that neither I nor my coworker knew how to use. I searched the internet to learn and happened to stumble on Autopia. This was when my eyes were opened to the light. Who knew such miracles could happen as to get rid of "those swirly looking things".

I eventually moved on from that horrible paying job to another horrible paying job as a counterman at a auto parts store with the dream of one day beggining my own detail buisness where I would no longer need to use the same bucket of water that has been in use since Regan was in office. I still have not made that leap yet but I have refined my skills over the last couple years and have finally made the leap and aquired a GG 6" polisher from Autogeek. I played with it already on my mothers suburban but I'm still waiting to really try it out once I muster up the money to pick up some more pads and polish in a couple weeks.

Well that was my long winded introduction.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Guy from CT

LOL

I'll keep it short & sweet then!

Welcome Mike & congrats on finding one of the better detailing sites
    Shade Tree Auto Detailing
    Austin, Texas & surrounding areas

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Mike D. from the other side of the state.
    Kids_gone
    CT, USA

Post Thanks / Like

To Autogeek!

Good intro Mike and welcome aboard. I'm North East of you in Massachusetts. If you have an obsession with keeping your cars clean than you found the right place!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Mike Phillips

Welcome to Autogeek Online!

Lots of detailing discussion forums out there... try to find one that is family friendly and when you post questions you get good detailed answers with real world information that helps you to reach your goals.

That's the sign of a good detailing discussion forum...

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.