autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Questions about Meguiar's M105, M101 and M100 Compounds? Watch this video!

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post

Great job Mike, Meguiars, and Yancy. A very informative video about M100, M101, and M105. This is a great reference for detailers with questions on the three products.

Thanks Ben...

Post Thanks / Like

Extremely informative- thanks. I do have a question on M105. I recently did a detail and I did a couple of test spots with M105. It compounded very well but it was extremely difficult to take off. It didn't just wipe off, I had to almost scrub with a MF towel. Did I use too much product or did I not work the product long enough? It was about 90 degrees in the shade with 90+ percent humidity. I was using a PC with a yellow CG CCS pad speeds between 4-6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great information! Thanks for the presentation!

Post Thanks / Like
    So informative that I went out yesterday, bought a bottle of M100 (the only one of the three I didn't already own), and used it with a DA!
    2013 Honda Accord Touring - Crystal Black Pearl/Black

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used M105, however, I have used Ultimate Compound, which is said to be derived from M105.

One issue I noticed with UC is that the oils in the compound seem to make the oxidation go away, but as soon as you strip those oils with dawn or rubbing alcohol, the oxidation becomes visible again.
    Is this what they call filler? Covering the problem rather than fixing it?

Does M105 behave this way too?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by pman626 View Post

One issue I noticed with UC is that the oils in the compound seem to make the oxidation go away,

What are you working on?

What are you calling "oxidation"?

Over the years I've seen a lot of people call clear coat failure oxidation and oils can make clearcoat failure look better but it won't make the visual problem go away.

Clearcoat failure on a clear coat and oxidation on a single stage paint are VERY different things. For one, you can fix oxidation, you cannot fix clearcoat failure.

Good question but what are you working on?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    What are you working on?

What are you calling "oxidation"?

Over the years I've seen a lot of people call clear coat failure oxidation and oils can make clearcoat failure look better but it won't make the visual problem go away.

Clearcoat failure on a clear coat and oxidation on a single stage paint are VERY different things. For one, you can fix oxidation, you cannot fix clearcoat failure.

Good question but what are you working on?

Thanks for clarifying. Clear coat failure it is.

I was working on a rear spoiler. I read it's quite common to have clear coat failure on spoilers.

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by pman626 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. Clear coat failure it is.

I was working on a rear spoiler. I read it's quite common to have clear coat failure on spoilers.

Correct. Often times these components are made of urethane and the paint used to paint them is different than the paint on the major body panels and in my life I've seen the paint on these types of components fail more often and sooner than normal body panels.

That's why I asked your the questions...

Post Thanks / Like

The table looks rectangular.

Sorry. Don't mind me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Questions about Meguiar's M105, M101 and M100 Compounds? Watch this video!

Meguiar's M105, M101 and M100 Compounds Round Table Discussion at Autogeek with Mike Phillips
    Meguiar's M105, M101 and M100 Compounds Round Table Discussion at Autogeek with Mike Phillips

Recently I had the opportunity to host a round table discussion here at Autogeek’s Show Car Garage with experts from Meguiar’s including,

Jason Rose – Technical Service Manager for Meguiar’s Professional Line.

Mike Pennington – Global Director of Training for Meguiar’s.

Steve Coronado – Marketing Product Manager for Meguiar’s Professional Line.

In this round table discussion the four of us go over the benefits, features and intended use for each of these incredibly popular cutting compounds in Meguiar's Professional Line. This includes,

M105 Ultra Cut Compound - M101 Foam Cut Compound - M100 Pro Speed Compound

The goal of this round table discussion is to hopefully remove some of the confusion surrounding the intended markets and uses for these compounds and to help you choose the right compound for your specific detailing projects.

When Meguiar’s introduced M105 it quickly set a new standard for both cut and finish quality for an aggressive compound. M105 is what is called a SMAT product, that is it uses Super Microscopic Abrasive Technology instead of old fashioned coarse “rocks in a bottle” abrasive technology or diminishing abrasive technology, (DAT).

Following the success of M105, Meguiar’s introduced M101 Foam Cut Compound in Europe where it quickly became the new hot product being talked about throughout all the popular Internet detailing discussion forums.

M101 was not originally sold in the U.S. market but due to super high customer demand Meguiar’s was prompted to introduce the popular M101 to the U. S. market.

Next Meguiar’s introduced M100 Pro Speed Compound, which like the M105 and the M101 quickly gained popularity in the refinishing industry, detailing industry and even the do-it-yourself market.

Jason, Mike, Steve and myself discuss all the differences and similarities between these three compounds as well as describe the variety of ways each compound was intended to be used along with successful non-intended ways these products are being used throughout the entire spectrum of the refinishing and reconditioning industries as well as the car hobby in general.

A lively and informative discussion that will clear up any confusing you might have as well as help you decide with compound will be the best choice for your specific paint correction and detailing needs.

Yancy Martinez, the Creative Director for Autogeek really does a spectacular job of directing and editing this video making it not only informative but simply put, fun to watch.

So grab a bowel of popcorn and your favorite cold beverage and get ready to learn more about Meguiar’s premium, top shelf compounds.

On Autogeek.net

M105 Ultra Cut Compound

M101 Foam Cut Compound

M100 Pro Speed Compound

"So grab a bowel of popcorn and your favorite cold beverage and get ready to learn more about Meguiar’s premium, top shelf compounds."
    Wouldn't that be kind of smelly?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast