autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Video Review: 4 Rotary Buffers

Here are 4 different brands of rotary buffers we offer on Autogeek.net, the Flex is a compact, lightweight rotary buffer while the other three fall into the full size category. All 4 of these rotary buffers are well-built, heavy duty tools that will provide you with years of trouble-free buffing.

Each one is a little different in the location of a few features like the variable speed dial, the size, shape, weight and very important to some, the sound or noise level they make under use.

So watch this video and you'll have a chance to see all four rotary buffers being used to remove the swirls out of one of my test panels and a chance to hear what they sound like at different RPM ranges.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPGDG41IbbE]Video Review: 4 Rotary Buffers with Mike Phillips at Autogeek - YouTube[/video]

On Autogeek.net

FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher

DeWalt DWP849X Rotary Polisher

Makita 9227C Rotary Polisher

3M Rotary Polisher PN 28391

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Video Review: 4 Rotary Buffers

Awesome review! Thanks Mike!
    Rule 62: Don't take yourself to d*mn seriously
    Cincinnati, OH
    Shawn

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by shoeless89 View Post
    Awesome review! Thanks Mike!

Just quick and simple so people can see the actual tools and what they look like and sound like. Also, I was practicing something for another project...

Always working on a new project...

Thanks though Shawn...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post

Here are 4 different brands of rotary buffers we offer on Autogeek.net, the Flex is a compact, lightweight rotary buffer while the other three fall into the full size category. All 4 of these rotary buffers are well-built, heavy duty tools that will provide you with years of trouble-free buffing.

Each one is a little different in the location of a few features like the variable speed dial, the size, shape, weight and very important to some, the sound or noise level they make under use.

So watch this video and you'll have a chance to see all four rotary buffers being used to remove the swirls out of one of my test panels and a chance to hear what they sound like at different RPM ranges.

Video Review: 4 Rotary Buffers with Mike Phillips at Autogeek - YouTube

On Autogeek.net

FLEX PE14-2-150 Rotary Polisher

DeWalt DWP849X Rotary Polisher

Makita 9227C Rotary Polisher

3M Rotary Polisher PN 28391

great video! is it possible you could do this for the DA polishers? or have you done this already?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wrx495 View Post
    great video! is it possible you could do this for the DA polishers? or have you done this already?

Yes. Have one on my video list.

Also for a lot of other topics,

• Surgical Buffing
    • Wetsanding
    • Dampsanding
    • Buffing trashed paint with a rotary buffer
    • Jeweling
    • Measuring paint thickness
    • All the tips and techniques I've been using and sharing on the forum for 10 years now...
    • etc.

This one is actually 13 minutes long and was done in one take. If you watch I keep trying to throw the cord over my shoulder,

That's because it's a good habit I have and always show others for years now. Problem was, to prevent fumbling with cords, all the rotary buffers are plugged into a power cord and it's too hard to lift all the weight of the power strip and all the cords plugged into it.

Old habits die hard, next time I'll simply plug each polisher into it's own extension cord and then there won't be any problems and "good technique" will be used and shown.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you working on a mirror or is that a painted surface?! Great video as always!
    Last edited by rddmxmeth10; 08-07-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Have one on my video list.

Also for a lot of other topics,

• Surgical Buffing
    • Wetsanding
    • Dampsanding
    • Buffing trashed paint with a rotary buffer
    • Jeweling
    • Measuring paint thickness
    • All the tips and techniques I've been using and sharing on the forum for 10 years now...
    • etc.

This one is actually 13 minutes long and was done in one take. If you watch I keep trying to throw the cord over my shoulder,

That's because it's a good habit I have and always show others for years now. Problem was, to prevent fumbling with cords, all the rotary buffers are plugged into a power cord and it's too hard to lift all the weight of the power strip and all the cords plugged into it.

Old habits die hard, next time I'll simply plug each polisher into it's own extension cord and then there won't be any problems and "good technique" will be used and shown.

sorry im a little misunderstood but on your video list to make demonstrating them (like in this one you just did) or on your youtube video list?

if so i can't wait to watch them all!

i also gotta learn to keep the cord over my shoulder when i start polishing with a DA

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by wrx495 View Post

sorry im a little misunderstood but on your video list to make demonstrating them (like in this one you just did) or on your youtube video list?

These videos, (my Video List), are all going to be short videos that will go on YouTube and then the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

These videos, (my Video List), are all going to be short videos that will go on YouTube and then the forum.

ohhh! okay! let me know when the videos are up! i'm anxious to watch them!

bmwgalore

Good stuff!
    I honestly recommend the DeWalt 849x, excellent price ($180), it's a lot lighter than the previous model, built to last a life time and quieter than the Makita.

Great tool that will make your scratch removal/compounding a LOT faster than with a DA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast