autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fixed location insurance questions/advice

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    I may call myself on Monday that's seems like there is a catch somewhere or some kind of loophole in the clause I hope for your sake it's not.I pay 309 a month just for mobile thru progressive ,and 119 a month for insurance for the planes.If something were to happen the insurance would cover the incident concurrently progressive and chub insurance at 2 million.
    Mobile insurance was actually quoted at a higher rate through AmFam. Since I do less than 25% mobile, the standard GK was all that was needed. It covers all my equipment, but doesn't cover my personal vehicle (because of the 25% thing) so I have insurance on my HHR seperately for a standard rate.
    Dynamic Detailing
    Website | Instagram | Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    Mobile insurance was actually quoted at a higher rate through AmFam. Since I do less than 25% mobile, the standard GK was all that was needed. It covers all my equipment, but doesn't cover my personal vehicle (because of the 25% thing) so I have insurance on my HHR seperately for a standard rate.
    gotcha still pretty reasonable.

Post Thanks / Like

Check with State Farm, I pay $817 a year for 25k business property, 2mil liability/4 aggregate, 100k GK, no business vehicle coverage.
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jarred767 View Post
    since you don't do a lot of mobile work,is it a promblem for clients to drop off there car for your service.I worked at a retail detail shop for years back in the 90s we would do dealer stuff during the week and 20 dollar car washes as well.on the weekend a lot of washes and maybe 2 or 3 wax jobs in between all the washes.Thats not the road I want to go down,that's why I chose to stay mobile I put a lot of thought into it as the location was killer I didn't want to be bothered with car washes and tyre kickers.my business carries itself with the phone number and good reputation but I felt like not starting all over again by chasing work with the location as the mobile falls in my lap.was looking into doing Highend work only but that just deosnt happen all the time so I remain mobile.

Post Thanks / Like

A few months ago I talked with a retired State Farm agent who now sells insurance on his spare time.

I was looking into getting some type of insurance to cover myself in case I ever damage a client's car, for example, by burning through the paint by mistake as I'm polishing.

He said that "burning through the paint" would be considered "faulty workmanship" and there is no insurance that will cover that, not even liability or garage keepers. He seemed to know what he was talking about but I don't know.

I can see having insurance in case you damage the car while moving it or perhaps it's vandalized or stolen while kept in a garage, any other reasons?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post
    Check with State Farm, I pay $817 a year for 25k business property, 2mil liability/4 aggregate, 100k GK, no business vehicle coverage.
    Good price. Mine was quoted through State Farm going to call jarred place monday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Everything right down to stolen equipment .If you need help I can get you info next week from a friend in the business of insurance,he is on a cruise right now so just let me know by pmessage.
    This is mobile right? I will look into travelers also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post
    Yeah, State Farm was my second choice but they were a little pricier and would cover customers tires (I plan on using a section of my shop for tire/wheel storage). From my research, SF and AmFam were the leaders in the area.
    Dynamic Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
    A few months ago I talked with a retired State Farm agent who now sells insurance on his spare time.

I was looking into getting some type of insurance to cover myself in case I ever damage a client's car, for example, by burning through the paint by mistake as I'm polishing.

He said that "burning through the paint" would be considered "faulty workmanship" and there is no insurance that will cover that, not even liability or garage keepers. He seemed to know what he was talking about but I don't know.

I can see having insurance in case you damage the car while moving it or perhaps it's vandalized or stolen while kept in a garage, any other reasons?
    That is correct from what I learned in my research. Plus the repair would probably be similar or less than your deductible, so probably not worth filing the claim.

From what I understand, the GK part covers the cars in your possession of something happens (accident, building burns while there in it, building gets broken into, etc). The liability covers someone getting injured on your property or any other thing you'd be liable for. Hope that helps!
    Dynamic Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Called around more and got 2 places to quote me 1420 for
    1mil/ 2 mil
    120k GK
    15k prop

Going to keep looking

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast