autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pricing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pricing

Look up fetish detailing the guy's name is Darren,has the same problem with age gender.A majority of young people don't appreciate your time and will not take care of car,This is a impulse buy for young people,I can't tell you how many jobs I booked on a Friday and scheduled for Monday and there broke by Monday . A big portion of young people are irresponsible with there money is what I'm implying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Look up fetish detailing the guy's name is Darren,has the same problem with age gender.A majority of young people don't appreciate your time and will not take care of car,This is a impulse buy for young people,I can't tell you how many jobs I booked on a Friday and scheduled for Monday and there broke by Monday . A big portion of young people are irresponsible with there money is what I'm implying.
    i'm almost 28, and i've only had 3 cancelations, all 3 were people 27-28 years old. so i agree

Post Thanks / Like

I won't even give them a card.

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ime-chart.html

Scroll through the thread. There is an updated version in there somewhere...
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StangFan25 View Post
    Ummmm, what? :/ I'm 35, self employed. So I guess being 35 I'm broke? Most of your posts here are very hard to read and or understand but this one is just ridiculous.

Age has nothing to do with what that person makes. SMH!

To the op, I agree with the others. Pricing is market dependant. What i got for photographing weddings in Wisconsin is much different than I get here in Arizona.
    Agreed. Just years ago at 39 I was doing 100K. But anyway.... There are many factors huh? Demographics of area, your work quality etc... This much is true... I WILL be asking for more based on my work and what my area can draw. I mean, living near the headquarters of PGA has got to mean something towards my advantage huh?

Post Thanks / Like

100k doing what?

Post Thanks / Like

You can cut grass or can groom the lawn.Anyone can cut grass but just a few know how to groom a lawn. I am a hobbyist detailer and know more than most car wash detailing old school types from just reading and watching AGO youtube.Keep educating yourself and stay receptive to new and efficient methods and you will become the local expert who can charge more than others. I am 50 years old and always hear old school types telling me what I can't do because their brain won't allow them to believe things change (improve). Keep informed with all the latest methods, go to detailing events,seminars and bootcamps from industry experts and most important don't get stuck telling people that you have been doing this for X years and that you have done it all and seen it all. Tomorrow is always a new chance to learn some new better way.You are the only person who can decide how much you will earn for your specialty. Would you expect Mike Phillips to groom your car for a standard fee?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post
    ..... and most important don't get stuck telling people that you have been doing this for X years and that you have done it all and seen it all.
    Amen! Couldn't agree more. Usually the ones babbling how long they've been doing it are just blowing smoke.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    100k doing what?
    Car business. Business manager 13 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wing commander View Post
    You can cut grass or can groom the lawn.Anyone can cut grass but just a few know how to groom a lawn. I am a hobbyist detailer and know more than most car wash detailing old school types from just reading and watching AGO youtube.Keep educating yourself and stay receptive to new and efficient methods and you will become the local expert who can charge more than others. I am 50 years old and always hear old school types telling me what I can't do because their brain won't allow them to believe things change (improve). Keep informed with all the latest methods, go to detailing events,seminars and bootcamps from industry experts and most important don't get stuck telling people that you have been doing this for X years and that you have done it all and seen it all. Tomorrow is always a new chance to learn some new better way.You are the only person who can decide how much you will earn for your specialty. Would you expect Mike Phillips to groom your car for a standard fee?
    Thanks wingcommander. I appreciate that input. I agree with that. I will remain open minded regardless. For me... that arrogant mentality got me out of manufacturing fighter aircraft and commiting to detailing. I worked aside SO MANY seasoned aircaftcraft guys, NASA guys, etc... that thought that because they had x amount of years in Aviation or aerospace... that they were above the rest. Well... Nah. Not so AT ALL. I won't elaborate as to what shortcuts and mistakes "seasoned" techs make with AIRCRAFT... Let's just say that after years of manufacturing aircraft myself, I came to realize that even the tough guys that claim to have such abundant experience and talk such smack are hacks too! I just believe that my willingness to pay attention to detail, remain humble and keep learning will serve me well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast