autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pricing

Post Thanks / Like

Pricing

So we started our business with the intent of primarily detailing RVs and boats. Were doing boats, RVs, bikes and cars which is great. Given the season is cooling off for boating and RVing here in north Florida, I'm happy with the calls were getting. Lots of cars/Suvs etc...

How much in your opinion should I be charging.

We detail interior (thorough with toothbrushes, toothpicks, long q tips, dressing dash etc, vacuuming.....) I mean.. Everything my eyes can see gets done.

Exterior gets washed and waxed. I'm not Clay baring YET but applying one step cleaner wax by hand or with a DA polisher.

I don't want to rip MYSELF off and get jaded by giving away my time so... I just need some opinions and advice. I know there are guys that use formulas to come up with rates hourly etc... Im just asking for off the cuff ideas.
    Cars, trucks, SUVs, big SUVs......

I'm certain I'm charging to little for what we provide.

Rob

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pricing

Pricing is all dependent on what the area can sustain. I can tell you what i charge in my area, but that doesnt mean that is a good price for your market

Post Thanks / Like

Florida sucks tryin to get what northern guys get as far as pricing,there is a threshold here in Florida ,and who is we are there 2 working owners if so at the minimum should be making 280 a day or more .If your getting a lot of calls it could be that you are doing awesome work for less you don't want to go down that road,it's a good fast way to market your selves but now is the time to bump up the prices cause your in demand.Boats and rv are big and faded in most cases,don't sell your self short with having to mouths to feed if they don't wanna pay move on,I work by myself and have a little wiggle room when I'm pricing a boat or rv I try to aim at 280 a day if not I bring it down to 250 that's it no lower,with 2 people it's kinda hard to make a profit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by refreshauto View Post
    Pricing is all dependent on what the area can sustain. I can tell you what i charge in my area, but that doesnt mean that is a good price for your market
    I live right smack in the middle of the 3 wealthiest counties in FL.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya those people are the worst,picky and cheap .The best customer base is 45 to 60 middle income people that appreciate the hustle and tip as well.Cant rely on young people 30 to 40 they will have a little money in their pocket on a fri by mon there broke,I don't mess around with the young people.Now in Florida you get the 65 to 70 their very loyal and do their cars like clock work,are you gonna get a 500 paint correction more than likely no.But a majority of them drive a nice new car,and there not slobs I can charge 80 to 95 for a simple wash and wax,and before they leave to go back north they get it done again.And those type of people will tell there friends ,cause they all click together.

Post Thanks / Like

Your prices shouldnt matter what the local demographics income is.

You should figure out how much it costs you to clean the car per hour and then make a profit on that.

Basic business stuff. You have to be able to keep the doors open and eat and clothe your family.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Very hard to do with a state that is on 80 percent government assistance.This isn't New York .People here average income is 30k there not gonna use half of there paycheck to detail a car,I target business owners doctors lawyers real estate developers and seniors to a extent.

Post Thanks / Like

i charge anywhere from 175 for a basic but thorough detail, or as much as 400 if they want paint sealant, tire sealant, glass sealant, leather conditioner.

i have a father/son having me do their 2 work trucks, corvette, cts V, and 5th wheel camper. just shy of 1800$ and i have already done the other son's car and mothers car. i dont have set prices, i flex prices around what my customer wants done and what they're looking to spend.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys rule. Thanks for your help. dcjredline, I have to agree with you there. I like the "getting paid what your work is worth" approach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Cant rely on young people 30 to 40 they will have a little money in their pocket on a fri by mon there broke,I don't mess around with the young people..
    Ummmm, what? :/ I'm 35, self employed. So I guess being 35 I'm broke? Most of your posts here are very hard to read and or understand but this one is just ridiculous.

Age has nothing to do with what that person makes. SMH!

To the op, I agree with the others. Pricing is market dependant. What i got for photographing weddings in Wisconsin is much different than I get here in Arizona.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast