autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Website Critique.

If you guys could take a look at my site and let me know what you think I'd really appreciate it.

Off the Shelf Detail - Home

I've spent a lot of time building the site the way it is now, but I still feel like my detailing page leaves something to be desired... so if you have any thoughts or suggestions by all means don't hesitate to tell.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Website Critique.

Looks good. I like the simplicity of it. You might want to consider a package comparison chart like this. I have lots of people ask me the differences, and while I have them on the phone I have them pull this up so when we end the call they can remember what's what. Easily done in excel. If someone wants my template I'll make it available for anyone to download and modify for their liking.

Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Website Critique.-image-jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good to me. When you say Armor All interior. Do you mean armor all as you purchase at walmart? or by armor do you mean protect the interior? And for your packages, Personally i'd start with the cheapest on top. Cause if someone who knows nothing about detailing clicks on your page and sees $220 right off the bat they might be turned off right away without taking some time and scrolling down. Just my 2 cents. Otherwise very nice website, easy to navigate and nice to see you sell products on there too

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by medicscott View Post
    Looks good. I like the simplicity of it. You might want to consider a package comparison chart like this. I have lots of people ask me the differences, and while I have them on the phone I have them pull this up so when we end the call they can remember what's what. Easily done in excel. If someone wants my template I'll make it available for anyone to download and modify for their liking.

Scott
    I actually do have one! All the way down at the bottom of the page! not the best place for it but I couldnt find a better spot. Mine is coded in HTML though not excel, so modifying it takes a little bit more work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan509 View Post
    Looks good to me. When you say Armor All interior. Do you mean armor all as you purchase at walmart? or by armor do you mean protect the interior? And for your packages, Personally i'd start with the cheapest on top. Cause if someone who knows nothing about detailing clicks on your page and sees $220 right off the bat they might be turned off right away without taking some time and scrolling down. Just my 2 cents. Otherwise very nice website, easy to navigate and nice to see you sell products on there too
    Armor basically protecting the inside with an interior sealant. I should probably charge more for it but hell, it doesn't take that long.

I do also agree with rearranging so that paint correction services are at the bottom. I thought about reorganizing the whole thing and doing just "Exterior" "Interior" and "Paint Correction" and a few sub categories.

And yes, I do sell products! The whole "Off the Shelf" thing was mainly meant to be my own brand of products and performance parts. I have a few already developed but I'm nowhere near ready to put it on the shelf yet.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=OTSDetail;1268556]I actually do have one! All the way down at the bottom of the page! not the best place for it but I couldnt find a better spot

Yes you do, lol just saw it...make a separate link for compare packages...will save you time in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a few observations, but overall it looks well. First take 24 hrs and re read the website again. Look at your repeating words. On the home page you use "Specialized" within 2 areas of each other.

I would move the phone number under your company logo, and make it just as large. rather than the small text you have up by the search logo. Because this page remains at the top each time you change tabs, it will always be in the customers eyes.

On the detailing page you have no pictures showing. One of the things most of us drool over is the before and after shots, 50/50 shots, and the reflection shots. You have done a great job showcasing the services and packages you offer. but I am a little confused as to which note I should follow by the dual asterisks in the first sentence. Do I need to use the note at the bottom of the page, or are you referring to the excessive soil?

Maybe list all the disclaimers and notes at the bottom of the page and explain why you would need the disclaimers?

As a consumer, and looking at your website I would like to know if you do mobile, or are you a brick and mortar. It is not until I get to the contact page that I can find out if you are basically a permanent location.

One other thing that you may need to add is what protection do I as a consumer have bringing the vehicle to you? Are you licensed... bonded...Insured? These are things a consumer worries about dropping off a car to a shop.

And one last thing to think about. If i get a gold package, what can you sell me to keep me coming back? Maybe a maintenance plan?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheCamel View Post
    I have a few observations, but overall it looks well. First take 24 hrs and re read the website again. Look at your repeating words. On the home page you use "Specialized" within 2 areas of each other.

I would move the phone number under your company logo, and make it just as large. rather than the small text you have up by the search logo. Because this page remains at the top each time you change tabs, it will always be in the customers eyes.

On the detailing page you have no pictures showing. One of the things most of us drool over is the before and after shots, 50/50 shots, and the reflection shots. You have done a great job showcasing the services and packages you offer. but I am a little confused as to which note I should follow by the dual asterisks in the first sentence. Do I need to use the note at the bottom of the page, or are you referring to the excessive soil?

Maybe list all the disclaimers and notes at the bottom of the page and explain why you would need the disclaimers?

As a consumer, and looking at your website I would like to know if you do mobile, or are you a brick and mortar. It is not until I get to the contact page that I can find out if you are basically a permanent location.

One other thing that you may need to add is what protection do I as a consumer have bringing the vehicle to you? Are you licensed... bonded...Insured? These are things a consumer worries about dropping off a car to a shop.

And one last thing to think about. If i get a gold package, what can you sell me to keep me coming back? Maybe a maintenance plan?
    I think you read my mind. I was thinking of moving or adding a photo album on the detailing page as well just like the home page. Almost the same photos would be on there, but just another place to showcase them. I was also thinking about moving the disclaimers to the bottom of the page as well to make room for said gallery and also redo them for less confusion.

I do need to add the insurance and all that somewhere as well. Like I said I just feel like some stuff is missing from the detailing page.

As for a maintenance plan... it's a good idea, but I'm not 100% sure what I would even do for it. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

I viewed the site and it seems like you have a very good starting point.

On a good note, the site seems to have pretty good organization, it's clean, and it's not too boring. You've thrown in a few extra colors but not too many. Overall, I like it.

On the not so good note, I'd double check your text. I saw a few places that seem to have extra spaces, etc.

And the one quirky thing I saw... if you click the services tab at the top (the tab, not one of the two drop-downs), it loads a blank page. Might be a good place for a quick summary and link to the extra services you offer? Could just remove the link too.

Oh, and another thing, I like the contact information at the top of the page. However, I think if you're stationary an address might be a good addition. Might look good before the hours on the right, below "Serving Metro Richmond, VA".

The number one thing to remember is to take customer feedback about the site into full consideration. If people say something doesn't make sense, and it's not just one person out of 1,000, there might be a problem. Don't be afraid to ask users if they would like to provide feedback on the site. Don't bombard them like a lot of places do anymore, that's annoying, but maybe a quick hint on their invoice or something similar.

Post Thanks / Like

Others in the thread make some very good points.

Pictures are impactful. If you do great work, take great pictures and display them to fully show the quality of your workmanship.

The Credit Card pic's at the bottom of the main fold and other pages are hyperlinked. You may want to take another look at the page those c.c. pic's are hyperlinked to.

Under "What We Specialize In" --- Sub Categories of each --- You could hyperlink each and show pics of you and your team in action performing those services. Videos are helpful also.

Some of the fonts appear to be very small. Maybe I need new glasses.

Good Luck.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

On the comparison chart rather than dashes I'd have the spot that aren't included blank... For the older folk haha
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast