autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grand Opening Today!

Awesome! Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

I've only had the open sign on 3 hours, and already scheduled 4 appointments. Guess that's what happens when there's no other detailer in town. Half the people who stop by seem to have vehicles that haven't been detailed in years.
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations...wishing you success!

Post Thanks / Like

best of luck there

Post Thanks / Like

congrats

Post Thanks / Like

Great looking shop. I would have kept the wooden bench and put some sweet rims on it.
    2007 Chevy Equinox
    2008 Saturn Outlook

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by FinishingTouchA View Post

Mike, I remember a post where you said you had a shop in Albany which is just 10 miles from here. Any tips?

Just realized you live in Stayton, Oregon!

I spent many a summer bucking hay and swimming in Thomas Creek under the old red covered bridge in Scio or as we called it SC 10.

My uncle owned a Draft Horse Farm just up the hill from Thomas Creek, the farm was over a hundred years old when I spend my summers their as a kid and it's still in the family today.

The MOST important thing you can do for either a mobile business or a fixed location business is provide the highest quality in customer service. This will get you word-of-mouth advertising and that is the most powerful type of advertising in the world.

Tell your customer what you're going to do and then do it.

Underpromise and over deliver

I teach these business principals in my detailing boot camp classes and show how to put them into practice. I also taught a class on tis topic at this year's Mobile Tech Expo.

Have to move forward this morning on some hot offline projects for the upcoming Boat Detailing Class taking place in in just a few weeks but I'll try to revisit this thread.

Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday, April 18th 2015

To my knowledge, this is the first formal boat detailing class of it's kind. Anyone attending this is in for a real treat.

Super Member Scott@IncrediblyDetailed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Place looks great. Lots of room outside to work as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Phillips@Autogeek View Post
    Just realized you live in Stayton, Oregon!

I spent many a summer bucking hay and swimming in Thomas Creek under the old red covered bridge in Scio or as we called it SC 10.

My uncle owned a Draft Horse Farm just up the hill from Thomas Creek, the farm was over a hundred years old when I spend my summers their as a kid and it's still in the family today.
    Haha, that's great! My home address is actually technically in Scio. And I went to elementary/middle school up in Jordan at Lourdes. It's really cool to know someone of your caliber came from the same small town.

The MOST important thing you can do for either a mobile business or a fixed location business is provide the highest quality in customer service. This will get you word-of-mouth advertising and that is the most powerful type of advertising in the world.

Tell your customer what you're going to do and then do it.

Underpromise and over deliver

I've always known that this is key, rather than how most detail shops around here offer a one size fits all solution, I go over each package with the customer and assess what they are looking for. Then when I'm done I make sure they are 100% happy with the results. After yesterday, what I'm seeing, is that if I want to put out the numbers to cover the costs of having a fixed location I'm going to need more manpower. I had an interior detail yesterday which I had 4 hours into, but it took me all day because of the time I spent talking to customers. By summertime I plan on hiring someone to help do the production details so that I can focus on the customers, my main goal by July is to build up a maintenance customer list that comes in monthly, weekly, etc. This will be hard evidence that people are happy with my work, and it will create consistent cash flow, and as a bonus these jobs will be a lot less work after the first detail.

I teach these business principals in my detailing boot camp classes and show how to put them into practice. I also taught a class on tis topic at this year's Mobile Tech Expo.

Have to move forward this morning on some hot offline projects for the upcoming Boat Detailing Class taking place in in just a few weeks but I'll try to revisit this thread.

Marine 31 Boat Detailing Class - Saturday, April 18th 2015

To my knowledge, this is the first formal boat detailing class of it's kind. Anyone attending this is in for a real treat.

At some point I hope to come to one of your classes, I was at SEMA this year but didn't get a chance to meet you as it was my first time and I was so overwhelmed. Experience is awesome, but learning from other people's successes and failures helps a lot.
    Finishing Touch Auto (Stayton, OR)
    Ryan Hendricks (Owner) 503-602-8483
    FTA Website

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! The shop looks great, can't wait to see shop pictures.

Walter
    2009 Volvo S60 2.5T Black 2011 Mini Countryman Oxford Green Metallic

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast