autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How much would you charge?

I wouldn't be too worried that it is tinted clear coat. At the end of the day you still have a base/clear coat paint system.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't super impressed with the MF system as I thought.

It did good but I remember it being better on a friends Ford Fusion I tested it on.

I couldn't get pics of the paint unfortunately. He even broke out his bagillion dollar camera and couldn't get a good shot of the paint

2013 Ford F150 EcoBoost FX4 Supercrew

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Andr3wilson View Post
    Single stage?

You sure it's SS and not a tinted clear? Toyota phased out SS a long time ago.
    This is from another forum, in response to a query from a member:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry.

The Super White paint applied to your Tundra is a single stage paint coating. Vehicles painted with non-metallic colors have no clear coat finish. Paint colors that are available in a metallic or pearl will have a clear coat finish.

We hope this information has been helpful.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Ivette Moreno
    Toyota Customer Experience

Not to mention this has been discussed ad nauseam all over the place, and folks are saying to this day that their vehicles are SS paint. Todd Helme has said that he thought ALL manufacturers stopped SS back in the 90's, (as far back as 07 or so) but has since figured out that simply isn't true. Heck, even Kevin/HateSwirls said this year (April on this forum) that his was single stage.

The one thing with Toyota though seems to be WHERE it was built, (even here in the US there have been the same vehicles with different paint systems on them).

Quote Originally Posted by Grifffx4 View Post

So I'm worried this mean it's tinted CC...

Maybe it's just oxidation?
    I wouldn't be worried about tint coat. My wife's Denali has that very same "Red Jewel Tint Coat" and the first time I buffed it I wondered what in the heck was going on. (Pads turning red.) Then it dawned on me.... duhhhhh!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    Numerous posts and threads on these forums disprove this statement.
    I cannot find the thread(s) you are referring to, could you please provide a link.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by expdetailing View Post
    I cannot find the thread(s) you are referring to, could you please provide a link.
    There have been dozens (if not hundreds) of threads where people polished out the entire car and thought it looked great in the garage. Then when they saw it in full sun or under different lighting conditions there were still swirls or bad hazing.

This is primarily because they did not perform a test spot or properly inspect the paint while working.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online
    Nicholas Scafidi - CQuartz Finest Authorized Installer
    www.autowerxdetailing.com Auto Detailing in Sherwood, OR
    Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas@Autowerx View Post
    There have been dozens (if not hundreds) of threads where people polished out the entire car and thought it looked great in the garage. Then when they saw it in full sun or under different lighting conditions there were still swirls or bad hazing.

This is primarily because they did not perform a test spot or properly inspect the paint while working.

Sent from my N9810 using AG Online
    Not inspecting the paint properly is just bad practice; nothing more, nothing less. If your idea, as well as others, of a "test spot" means hitting the area with a light, then great. That's what you should be doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 10secdream View Post
    I have a Scion tC that has Toyota black 202 paint (single stage) and it is the softest paint I have ever encountered. Here is the level of correction I achieved using HD polish and a white buff and shine polishing pad.

VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    This is from another forum, in response to a query from a member:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We appreciate the opportunity to address your inquiry.

The Super White paint applied to your Tundra is a single stage paint coating. Vehicles painted with non-metallic colors have no clear coat finish. Paint colors that are available in a metallic or pearl will have a clear coat finish.

We hope this information has been helpful.

If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Ivette Moreno
    Toyota Customer Experience

Not to mention this has been discussed ad nauseam all over the place, and folks are saying to this day that their vehicles are SS paint. Todd Helme has said that he thought ALL manufacturers stopped SS back in the 90's, (as far back as 07 or so) but has since figured out that simply isn't true. Heck, even Kevin/HateSwirls said this year (April on this forum) that his was single stage.

The one thing with Toyota though seems to be WHERE it was built, (even here in the US there have been the same vehicles with different paint systems on them).

I wouldn't be worried about tint coat. My wife's Denali has that very same "Red Jewel Tint Coat" and the first time I buffed it I wondered what in the heck was going on. (Pads turning red.) Then it dawned on me.... duhhhhh!
    Sorry I have to correct you,

White, yes that is SS, but black stopped a long time ago. (Ford and GM use SS too for their fleet services).

I am speaking from experience here, my production bay details 120 cars a month, and in part, we 2 toyota dealership for new car prep and polishing used cars. Along with a number of other dealerships and Canada Wide Auctions

In essence I have seen a couple cars in my day. On every model with exception to Tundra and Tacoma, 202 uses a tint coat (other ones are clear, this applies to Lexus and Scion as well - tinted), not SS. Actually also to add to this, we have done a couple of 2014 solid white Tundras as well, those were base/clear.

I am going to believe what I see on the car in front of me, before I believe a customer service email on a forum. If you choose not to, no harm.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456