autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

DIY'ers What design programs do you use?

Hey guys, like the topic says. What programs do you use to design your advertisement items, specifically business cards? Any answers including websites are welcome. Thanks ahead of time. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kochdalton87 View Post
    Hey guys, like the topic says. What programs do you use to design your advertisement items, specifically business cards? Any answers including websites are welcome. Thanks ahead of time. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    I took advantage of the "free" adobe cs2 licenses that are available through adobe's website. While it's not the newest version by any means it still has tons of features, plenty for doing advertising. I use either photoshop or illustrator for all the work.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: DIY'ers What design programs do you use?

Photoshop, fairly light learning curve but has tons of potential.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to run a screen printing business and everything was done with Adobe creative suite. Photoshop and Illustrator.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay guys thanks for the replies! I do have some experience on both programs mentioned but am never satisfied with my results. I'm not necessarily asking for instructions on the programs but if you would have a few tips for designing what would they be? Other than KISS... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't detail professionally but I do have business cards for my profession. I use vista print. They are A) Cheap, B) They come out great, and C) Their built-in business card maker has a lot of nice templates.

Now, photoshop, et al (And I do know how to use them!) will give you a lot of power and flexibility if you know exactly what you need. But I, personally, am a fan of simple, sleek business cards. And the vistaprint templates and designer allows me to do just that pretty easily.
    2014 Ford Focus SE Sport | 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium Convertible | 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan 1700 Vaquero ABS SE | 2011 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply! I have heard of vista print a few times before but it looks like I need to check them out a little more. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I went with Moo for my photography business cards. A little pricier but cards are very high quality and come in a nice box. I came up with a few designs using illustrator but I wasn't very satisfied with them so I scraped them. I went to moo, chose a template, inserted my own images, changed the colors, customized the text, placed an order, and was done with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I use paint.net which is like Microsoft "paint" but with layers like Photoshop. It's also free!

It's pretty dope! I'm new to designing, but I just made my own logo a few weeks ago. I designed a business card with it.. A Facebook cover photo. I edit my detailing pics with it... Add watermarks to my pics... Blur out license plates with a plugin. I save the files in a high quality format and ppi. I may eventually upgrade to photoshop, but for now paint.net is sufficient

Regular Member Extreme Radiance's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Free Adobe CS2 is here.
    Adobe Photoshop CS2 Free Download - TechSpot

You will need this key for the installation. Windows Serial number: 1045-1412-5685-1654-6343-1431

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast