autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salesperson

Post Thanks / Like

Salesperson

If i decide to go on my own i am going to hire a salesman to sell for me in addition to me selling...I beleive one of the pitfalls to the detailing business is Detailing and doing sells by yourself Good or Bad idea comments welcome!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Salesperson

how the hell do you make enough money to hire a salesperson? I'm not a professional, but I make only a little doing corrections and aios and washes. If I paid someone 7 or 10 dollars an hour selling me to potential people I would end up with no profit!
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of cons to go with those pros. No one can speak to the services you provide better than you. I know of some partnerships that are set up this way - one person selling and running the business end, the other doing the detailing - but those are folks who are wholly on the same page with every aspect of the business.

Good luck - I don't see a lot of, "win," in this, but then again I'm often the cynic in the crowd.
    -Jerry
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like

You mention one of the pitfalls of the detailing business. How familiar are you with the detailing business? You would not hire a salesman for a detailing business.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 with those guys^

Although, the salesguy could be one of those guys that can talk to any customer at anytime, any day, and sale 4 out of 7 sale pitches

maybe you can just have the guy get x% of whatever you make off the job?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rustytruck View Post
    You mention one of the pitfalls of the detailing business. How familiar are you with the detailing business? You would not hire a salesman for a detailing business.
    He mentioned on one of his other threads he doesnt even detail. His threads are starting to be come ridiculous.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Hire a salesman, really? First, if you can even FIND a salesman that knows his a$$ from a swirl how do you intend to have him represent your company? To be able to sell the detailing business you need to KNOW the detailing business. That's not to say you have to be a master detailer, but you need to know what it is you are offering. You need to be able to educate the customer (on the spot) and respond to any questions and concerns they have.

If you're doing the work and someone else is the 'face' of your company that doesn't bode well for your position as it reflects to your customers. (You'll end up looking like hired help.) They'll drop off their cars, throw you the keys and expect to speak with your boss when they return.

Second, if there is indeed someone out there that can speak intelligently about the detailing business, chances are you'd be better off with that person actually DETAILING cars with you. Because, if you have the money to hire a salesperson, you'll have the business to put another pair of hands on the paint. Working WITH another person will get you farther than sending one out there trying to 'round up' business for you. Might as well hire a sign spinner for stuff like that.

Jus' thinkin' out loud.....

Post Thanks / Like

Hey if you are going to dream, you might as well dream big! But good luck finding a sales person to work for the type of pay you're going to be able to afford..

We sales people don't come cheap.
    I see swirls everywhere!!!

Post Thanks / Like

While you are at it, hire a maid to detail your cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd ask Dalton about this stuff...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.