autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Production detailers you need a tornador!!!

I recently bought a tornador classic from AG for my shop . I am a production detailer , by that i mean i work on mid level vehicles and dealer vehicles all day long. I employ one other detailer and a helper that works part time. Before the tornador we would do an average of 3 cars a days( depending on the vehicles condition) . In the month since i got it we have averaged at least 4 a day !!! It has really made cleaning interiors much quicker and eliminates alot of steps in the detail process. As an example while your cleaning out the crevices and cracks on the interior panels , you can also do the headliner and prep the carpets for cleaning in just one simple step !!! And with half the product !!! The biggest thing i believe has helped us with our production is the application of dressing to the interior, instead of spraying it on and blowing and wiping which used to take about 30-45 minutes we now use the tornador and spray out all the panels ,compartments etc and let the dressing sit while we work on the carpets . Its like painting the dressing on !!! Cut our time down on that by at least 20 minutes per vehicle!!! I am about to order a second one just so i dont have to wait to use it anymore!!!! Lets do some quick math here if my shop produces one more car a day and we charge 100.00 (just to keep the math simple) for that car x 22 working days a month that equals 2200.00 gross profit extra per month x 12 months in a year (im not japanese but i know its a big number) Yeah i'd say the tornador paid for itself!!!

Disclaimer : Results may vary due to experience or lack there of, motivation , willingess to adapt , and overall heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting.....what cleaners & dressings are you using ?

I have just got a Black one. Haven't used it much but am kind of hesitant to use it around the dash area for fear of getting liquid/ cleaner in the electronics.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Production detailers you need a tornador!!!

The only thing I would say is not to use it on the head liner! The head liner is only clued on and if you agitate the clue it can come loose. Then it could cost you $$ and is a pain to fix.
    Todd

Super Member Anthony@zerboautoworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the black and I stay away from dashboards, everything else is hit with the tornador.

Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree. Tornador is an amazing tool in the right hands. Takes some practice to really make it suitable for everyday detailing though. I only use mine on heavily soiled vehicles, however.
    Visual Pro Detailing - Auto Detailing near Marion, IL. Call
    (618) 983-9706 www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Burke View Post
    Interesting.....what cleaners & dressings are you using ?

I have just got a Black one. Haven't used it much but am kind of hesitant to use it around the dash area for fear of getting liquid/ cleaner in the electronics.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using AG Online
    I use mostly malco products , just standard apc and dressings. We are careful around the electronic area on the dash in fact we clean those by hand with brushes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    The only thing I would say is not to use it on the head liner! The head liner is only clued on and if you agitate the clue it can come loose. Then it could cost you $$ and is a pain to fix.

Todd
    I usually just stay about 8-10 inches away from the head liner and havent had a problem yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the tornador black really a big step up from the classic version? Also wheres the best deal on one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VP Mark View Post
    Totally agree. Tornador is an amazing tool in the right hands. Takes some practice to really make it suitable for everyday detailing though. I only use mine on heavily soiled vehicles, however.
    I agree totally with you, it does take practice to apply in to every day detailing. it took me about five cars to really get the hang of it and figure out its strengths and weaknesses and where to use and where to avoid .

Post Thanks / Like

What is the best cleaner for the tornador? Megs APC? Tornador enzymes?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast