autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How To Use the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

here is a link Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

For a low, low, price of $2,314.00 with shipping

Towels sold separately. (in a fast paced low tone)
    Detailing is a way of life, not a hobby!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Super Inox and I can't say enough good things about it. This unit is the cadillac of steamers being able to steam, inject chemical and extract all in one unit. The steamer is awesome for cleaning and sanitizing dash vents. Put the steam in one and watch the steam come out of all the other vents.

As Mike has stated these units are great for cleaning without chemicals for customers that have alergies or just don't want chemicals used in the cleaning process. The steam is so dry deep cleaning leather is easy and quick.

Post Thanks / Like

This thing looks awesome but I just don't do enough volume of work to justify the cost. If I did this for a living full time I would be all over one of these.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

has anyone got the torsca lower model of this machine?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool which dupray will forum members say is best suited for exterior detailing
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWAvpUPRxCc]Steam Power to Clean Car Exterior - Dupray Steam Cleaners - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLv9nr3839Y]How to Steam Clean the Outside of a Car Part I - Dupray Steam Cleaners - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased my Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner and while it comes at a pretty steep price, I have found it to be an invaluable tool for my automotive detailing business. I Have used it for interior cleaning (vinyl, leather, and carpet) as well as exterior cleaning. This weekend I will use it to clean an engine bay on a pick up truck.

My interior detailing with the Hill Injection is great, I am still deciding on how best to use it for exterior. I have used it with Megs Last Touch detailer and Megs 135 as a prespray and have found the sprays to not allow the surface to dry well.

Mike, what spray do you recommend for exterior prespray? For those who use the stream for exterior, do you use a prespray or do you just clean with steam and microfiber? I have seen videos that use both and I have tried both methods on my vehicles, just not on customer vehicles. Even if I don't use it for exterior, the benefits of interior cleaning are worth the investment!
    Todd
    Wilson's Precision Detailing
    "Shut up and detail!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stoddwilson View Post
    I just purchased my Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner and while it comes at a pretty steep price, I have found it to be an invaluable tool for my automotive detailing business. I Have used it for interior cleaning (vinyl, leather, and carpet) as well as exterior cleaning. This weekend I will use it to clean an engine bay on a pick up truck.

My interior detailing with the Hill Injection is great, I am still deciding on how best to use it for exterior. I have used it with Megs Last Touch detailer and Megs 135 as a prespray and have found the sprays to not allow the surface to dry well.

Mike, what spray do you recommend for exterior prespray? For those who use the stream for exterior, do you use a prespray or do you just clean with steam and microfiber? I have seen videos that use both and I have tried both methods on my vehicles, just not on customer vehicles. Even if I don't use it for exterior, the benefits of interior cleaning are worth the investment!
    I don't have the injection. I have the vx5000 from Steam Cleaners Direct which I too love dearly. For outside such as wheel wells, wheels, tires, I do pre spray, agitate, and before it dries, blast it off with injection. SHINY!
    Autogeek OG. Attended detail fest I/II. Still detailing!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking to get one of these. I keep finding more and more uses for my 1385, and am just plain using it for everything. And with that I am refilling more than I used to on one job, than I did the past detailing season. I'm curious if this steamer is eligible for discounts during a no exclusion sale?
    Anson Craig the Mobile Detail Expert
    www.mdxdetailing.com
    Like MDX-www.facebook.com/mdxdetail

Mike Phillips

Mike, what spray do you recommend for exterior prespray?
    When I need to get the exterior of a car clean I use either a waterless wash or a foam gun for a normal style wash. Here in South Florida we don't have any water restrictions as it relates to washing cars... at least not yet. To date I have not found a reason or benefit to using a steam cleaner to clean the outside of the car when I can do it faster as just as effectively using traditional methods plus non-traditional methods.

An example of a non-traditional method of washing a car would be using a Porter Cable with a Cyclo brush to machine scrub tires to prep them for a coating.

Best darn tire cleaning brush I've ever used!

Since the steam evaporates rapidly with the Dupray steamers, I could see where "possibly" it could be feasible to wash a lightly dirty car using steam in a state like California but I still don't think it will ever be as fast as any of the other three options,

1. Normal car wash
    2. Rinseless car wash
    3. Waterless car wash

For those who use the stream for exterior, do you use a prespray or do you just clean with steam and microfiber?
    My guess is a good waterless wash sprayed on ahead of time might help to already be going to work to soften and loosen road film but then you might as well just wipe it off instead of heat it up and wipe it off.

Even if I don't use it for exterior, the benefits of interior cleaning are worth the investment!

I agree. I think where a steam machine really excels is for interior detailing.

Mike Phillips

To me... these pictures taken at one of my Detailing Boot Camp Classes do all the talking as to what you can do with a steam cleaner.

Here's what a Dupray Steam Cleaner can do!

At our September Detailing Boot Camp Class we had an all original 1967 Lincoln Continental in our class for a full interior and exterior detail.

Here's how the original white leather interior looked BEFORE my class took the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner to it...

If you look closely at the area below the pull handle you can see a small area that I cleaned to show how much room there is for improvement...

Not pretty...

Here's the after shot...

And the original single stage paint was resurrected using the Rupes paint polishing system.

Rupes Bigfoot Polishers Detailing Class & Extreme Paint Restoration

The Dupray Steam Machines are really well built, well thought out and capable of amazing results.

See my two article here for more information...

How To Use the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

Steam Cleaning a Ferrari Interior with the Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

On Autogeek.net

The Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

The Dupray Tosca and the Dupray ONE Plus both would be great steamers too and the both offer the continuous refill feature.

Dupray Steamers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast