autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

What to do w/my trailer?

Hey friends,

I have a good trailer that has sat in the weather uncovered since I sold my dirt bike, a while ago. All the wood flooring has rotted, but the trailer itself is in excellent condition. I want to start working on it soon, add a strong dependable flooring. The trailer tilts so it will be a breeze to walk a pressure washer out of it. It' a Texas Bragg measuring at 5' width by 10' length. Between the fold down capabilities of my 2005 Kia Soul and creating a covered trailer, I believe I can haul a lot of necessary products and tools. How should I proceed with the trailer? Flooring, enclosure, racking, and anything you think I need to do. Thanks in advance for you input, I really count on you all a lot. Take care.

Peace,

Darrin

Post Thanks / Like

What to do w/my trailer?

Got pics? 2X6's and lag bolts are pretty common. If you're handy with welding you can make a grate floor. You don't need to sweep those. Also depends on what you're hauling. Sensitive to moisture? Grate floor is out. Plywood isn't cheap, but it is pretty durable. Stuff thick enough to bear any kind of weight gets pretty heavy also. Weight below the CG is beneficial but you still want to be able to pull it with your Kia.

Another idea: you could sandwich OSB in between sheets of thinner plywood to bring down the cost. Sort of like a wood composite if you will. I'd go 2 sheets thick on the OSB in the middle, and fasten it all together roofing tar, then apply lots of pressure until it all dries together. It's hard and expensive to vacuum bag a 5X10' sheet of anything, so a couple spare boards and a vehicle parked on top might suffice.

I know. I'm stoopid. Just spitballing ideas. I don't know your budget or how the trailer is structured so it's all I can really do.

You could go all out and spend 100k on a carbon fiber floor. Just remember the matrix you use is important get the good stuff that cures in an oven. And I would suggest a 6-layer composite with a warp clock pattern of 0, 90, -45,45'-90,0.

Then again I know nothing about composites, but I did stay at a cheap hotel once.