autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "Specialty" Detailing?

touch up paint for rock chips, paintless dent repair, tire patching, fluid top offs, air filter change, paint transfer removal, carpet upholstery spot removal, pet hair removal, window tinting, metal polishing, glass etching, just to name a few that come to mind.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking for a good trim restorer, and so far Back to Black and Ultimate black haven't made me very happy. The trim restoration is a great idea!

I did think of the spot paint repair and chip repair, but without any sort of insurance or anything, even though I can do it, I want to avoid the "invasive" paint type repairs. I do really like all of the options I have been given so far!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nabors View Post
    I have been looking for a good trim restorer, and so far Back to Black and Ultimate black haven't made me very happy. The trim restoration is a great idea!

I did think of the spot paint repair and chip repair, but without any sort of insurance or anything, even though I can do it, I want to avoid the "invasive" paint type repairs. I do really like all of the options I have been given so far!
    One word: Penetrol
    2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon • 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat •2016 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider • 2006 Buell Lightning-Bolt • 2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Post Thanks / Like

At the moment I'm doing the same and reserving full details for Saturday's since I'm a 1 man operation.
    So I mainly focus on headlight resto as I tend to charge anywhere from $40-100 depending if a customer opts for a lens coating or not. Along with that I offer: windshield chip repair, glass coating, wheel coatings, trim restorations, and bug splatter removal. And from these small services I've gotten appointments for full details or restorations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Perfect! Even more so since I could get it locally and try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by usmcpab View Post
    At the moment I'm doing the same and reserving full details for Saturday's since I'm a 1 man operation.
    So I mainly focus on headlight resto as I tend to charge anywhere from $40-100 depending if a customer opts for a lens coating or not. Along with that I offer: windshield chip repair, glass coating, wheel coatings, trim restorations, and bug splatter removal. And from these small services I've gotten appointments for full details or restorations.
    That is exactly the kind of thing I was trying to get together in my head but couldn't figure it out. I still want to be able to make a full car beautiful, but don't have the time to do them on weekdays.

Post Thanks / Like

That is exactly the kind of thing I was trying to get together in my head but couldn't figure it out. I still want to be able to make a full car beautiful, but don't have the time to do them on weekdays. [/QUOTE]

It works out perfectly for me since I do it mostly p/t. I earn enough to where I don't have to worry and I'm slowly building my arsenal. Next up for me is a Flex!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailKitty View Post
    Picked up some Penetrol while I was out today...and WOW!!! For me, at least, it seems to yield better results. I'll see how it lasts a few washes from now, but so far I'm very happy! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm liking penetrol also. Currently testing it on half my truck
    Anson Craig the Mobile Detail Expert
    www.mdxdetailing.com
    Like MDX-www.facebook.com/mdxdetail

Post Thanks / Like

I had to Google Penetrol. Are y'all using oil-based paint promoter on your trim? Or am I just senile?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Damonsfcd View Post
    I had to Google Penetrol. Are y'all using oil-based paint promoter on your trim? Or am I just senile?
    I don't know about you being senile, but what you found is correct!

It makes your hands sticky and doesn't come with the perfumes in the normal detailing-specific products, but it has been looking great so far from an afternoon shower yesterday and off and on storms today.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12