autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Yelp hiding reviews....

So since my business has been up and running ive been directing each customer to leave me a yelp review. I finally got my first one. Around the same time I get a email from yelp saying "spend $100 get $100 in advertising" so i figured eh what the hell ill give it a shot. Well i didnt like the picture thats displayed so i tried to change it and i discovered my review was gone. After further investigation i find that yelp listed it as "not recommended" I dont know whats wrong with a review that says "Cant say enough about this company. My car looks like it got a new paint job! Thank you!!!!!!! " I thought it was a nice review... After i discovered that i put my credit card away and wrote them a pretty lengthy email. Why the hell should i pay these people if i cant even trust them to leave a review up... Do i now need to tell customers to word things a certain way or something? What gives?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yelp hiding reviews....

Yelp sucks! The hide most my reviews since I won't advertise with them. The only way a review will stay up is if the reviewer has a lot of reviews. They want me to spend $350 a month lol.

Post Thanks / Like

They use to call me everyday to buy ther sh@$ . I will never do business with them.

Post Thanks / Like

link me to your yelp listing. i want to see what's going on.

i know there is a lot of suspicion about yelp's tactics (there was a story on Nightline about it tonight - weird timing, huh?) but more often than not i've found that it's other things causing the issues. such as new users leaving raving or harsh reviews that automatically get filtered, etc.

their auto-filtering isn't perfect but it catches a lot of BS. basically, a sure fire way to get reviews to stick no matter what is to have a trusted reviewer (in yelp's eyes) review it. otherwise, you risk the review getting filtered. and sometimes, it takes time. i've reported fake reviews, yelp will say "nope, that is legit" and then boom...it's filtered but a week later.

i have been on yelp for years and have 100 reviews on the nose. i've never had a review filtered and i have reviewed a few businesses that i know for a fact had some issues with yelp's business side and refused to pay to advertise.
    '09 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG / '14 Audi Q5 3.0 S-Line / '99.5 Pathfinder SE

I DO NOT support or recommend Oakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by builthatch View Post
    link me to your yelp listing. i want to see what's going on.

i know there is a lot of suspicion about yelp's tactics (there was a story on Nightline about it tonight - weird timing, huh?) but more often than not i've found that it's other things causing the issues. such as new users leaving raving or harsh reviews that automatically get filtered, etc.

their auto-filtering isn't perfect but it catches a lot of BS. basically, a sure fire way to get reviews to stick no matter what is to have a trusted reviewer (in yelp's eyes) review it. otherwise, you risk the review getting filtered. and sometimes, it takes time. i've reported fake reviews, yelp will say "nope, that is legit" and then boom...it's filtered but a week later.

i have been on yelp for years and have 100 reviews on the nose. i've never had a review filtered and i have reviewed a few businesses that i know for a fact had some issues with yelp's business side and refused to pay to advertise.
    I have a hard time believing you have a 100 reviews and never had one filtered unless your paying them.

Post Thanks / Like

Paying for Yelp doesnt change their review filter. I was on a 6 month @ $325per. They filtered 7 of 17 reviews. Yelp sucks!

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, they put all the reviews through some high-techy algorithm stufferz

They basically want to make sure all the reviews are legit.. So when you tell a customer to leave you a review on Yelp with no past history on Yelp before that

Yelp thinks it's a fake/inorganic review

As in it could be you leaving that review for all they know.. kinda suck, but at the same time they do catch a bunch of fakers

Anyways, just put the testimonial on the front page header for your site
    Want more customers for your detailing business?
    Find out how: www.detailsummit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The filtered reviews come from first time reviewers, if your customers have a history that should not be filtered.

BTW, yelp on many times has contacted me to do business with them and I have refused every time. None of my reviews were affected.

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

one sec

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pureshine View Post
    I have a hard time believing you have a 100 reviews and never had one filtered unless your paying them.
    i am a reviewer, not a business.

Quote Originally Posted by jrs1418 View Post
    Paying for Yelp doesnt change their review filter.
    i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by thebamboo23 View Post
    yeah, they put all the reviews through some high-techy algorithm stufferz

They basically want to make sure all the reviews are legit.. So when you tell a customer to leave you a review on Yelp with no past history on Yelp before that

Yelp thinks it's a fake/inorganic review

As in it could be you leaving that review for all they know.. kinda suck, but at the same time they do catch a bunch of fakers
    yep.

Quote Originally Posted by umana2482 View Post
    The filtered reviews come from first time reviewers, if your customers have a history that should not be filtered.

BTW, yelp on many times has contacted me to do business with them and I have refused every time. None of my reviews were affected.
    this jives with what i've seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast